Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
#79081 08/21/01 11:55 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:

Looks like those free RCA's are stayin under her dress then......... :p

Bring on audio Q's...a DVC wiring questions maybe :rolleyes: wink

YAY! DVC wiring questions! Bring 'em on!

#79082 08/22/01 11:06 AM
E
E
todays question is what was honkey tonk arrested 4 bonus question how much is bail,there will b no punishment if u get the wrong answer so don't b afraid

97 gsxr lotsa good stuff 4 sale
95 talon tsi awd turbo loaded sold
95 se 2.5 mtx loaded (fragile handle with care)2 motors 3 trannies
custom y with hi flo cat,custom dynomax exhaust,upper cat mod
superchip,udp,bat\kkm,proflow maf,ford 9mm wires,svt throttle body,svt intake manifold ,custom kevlar clutch,16 pd. flywheel,svt motor mounts ,svt gauges,eibachs\h&r,omp strut brace,dark chrome 16" rials with 225/50 dunlops,cwazy amounts of audio
#79083 08/22/01 12:07 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Bad news for Aaron. Seeing as I have no life and am a nerd (god of nerd monkeys) I have found you guilty of being wrong... sort of... in an exhaustive search through the last year of EGM, I have discovered Macronix supplied the base processor for the sound hardware, but Factor 5 (who is making Rogue Leader) designed the programming tools for the sound hardware and modified the processor to better work with thier sound tools, making it easier for developpers to program music on the system. So your answer was 1/2 right... you can keep the points smile

As for the SNES, my brother says 8, and he is necer wrong... seriously, he's never wrong. We turned on Final Fantasy 3, went to the ending, and counted 8. We then played Actraiser II, and found 16... so we looked through 6 years of EGM and found that it as indeed software enabled. You were correct.

Knu, those aren't wires, those are vericose viens... ewwww! Naaaaaas-tay! laugh

Roland, watch it! Too much sucking up and my ass will get a hickey! Then I can't walk around naked anymore without being embarassed...

Today's Question:

What purpose does a line driver serve? Links please unless you go into detail yourself.

Bonus question:

Who has the baddest Tour?

If you answer either of the two above questions incorrectly, you must eat at Burger King... poor stomach... is it just me or is that just the sh!ttiest food ever puked up out of Ricky Lake's used up a$$? I mean, anytime I give that place a chance, I crap out a pot of five alarm chili. Pisses me off! And would it hurt to put some sort of seasoning on the patties to cover up the taste of the Chinese newspapers? I swear the only way a guy can get pissed off while eating is if he forgets it just came out of the 475 degree oven and jams the food in his mouth like an idiot, or if he eats at Burger King, pays $7 for a @#$ combo and gets a plate full of horse crap!

Here's the scenario, I'm in Saskatoon looking for a new place to live, and we stop for lunch. So far so good. We get lunch and it tastes like crap and the tomato in the buger is made of rubber so when I take a bite, out comes the whole Tomato to fall on my white pants. It looked like I had a light drizzle. #$@, I was mad, so I pull the tomato out of the burger and throw it at the @#$ window then leave the place. The moral of my story? Don't eat at Burger King, you could eat at a decent restaurant for the same price and at least then you get a chance at scoring with the hot waitress (unless you prefer Mr. Pimplor from BK) The End.

1996 Contour "Mean Green" (99-02)
2002 Malibu Blue Focus ZX5 - something to hold the PB 15...
#79084 08/22/01 12:25 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by The Honkeytonk Monkey:
Bad news for Aaron. Seeing as I have no life and am a nerd (god of nerd monkeys) I have found you guilty of being wrong... sort of... in an exhaustive search through the last year of EGM, I have discovered Macronix supplied the base processor for the sound hardware, but Factor 5 (who is making Rogue Leader) designed the programming tools for the sound hardware and modified the processor to better work with thier sound tools, making it easier for developpers to program music on the system. So your answer was 1/2 right... you can keep the points smile

As for the SNES, my brother says 8, and he is necer wrong... seriously, he's never wrong. We turned on Final Fantasy 3, went to the ending, and counted 8. We then played Actraiser II, and found 16... so we looked through 6 years of EGM and found that it as indeed software enabled. You were correct.

Knu, those aren't wires, those are vericose viens... ewwww! Naaaaaas-tay! laugh

Roland, watch it! Too much sucking up and my ass will get a hickey! Then I can't walk around naked anymore without being embarassed...

Today's Question:

What purpose does a line driver serve? Links please unless you go into detail yourself.

Bonus question:

Who has the baddest Tour?

If you answer either of the two above questions incorrectly, you must eat at Burger King... poor stomach... is it just me or is that just the sh!ttiest food ever puked up out of Ricky Lake's used up a$$? I mean, anytime I give that place a chance, I crap out a pot of five alarm chili. Pisses me off! And would it hurt to put some sort of seasoning on the patties to cover up the taste of the Chinese newspapers? I swear the only way a guy can get pissed off while eating is if he forgets it just came out of the 475 degree oven and jams the food in his mouth like an idiot, or if he eats at Burger King, pays $7 for a @#$ combo and gets a plate full of horse crap!

Here's the scenario, I'm in Saskatoon looking for a new place to live, and we stop for lunch. So far so good. We get lunch and it tastes like crap and the tomato in the buger is made of rubber so when I take a bite, out comes the whole Tomato to fall on my white pants. It looked like I had a light drizzle. #$@, I was mad, so I pull the tomato out of the burger and throw it at the @#$ window then leave the place. The moral of my story? Don't eat at Burger King, you could eat at a decent restaurant for the same price and at least then you get a chance at scoring with the hot waitress (unless you prefer Mr. Pimplor from BK) The End.

When you say line driver, do you mean a line source speaker, or do you mean the little elctronic gizmo that goes between the HU and the amplifier to boost the output voltage? Or do you mean a baseball player like Paul Molitor or Alan Trammell?

The purpose of a line source driver is because of the radiation pattern created. The sweetspot is quite a bit larger and fills the room better than a point source, with the only draw back being the probability of poor vertical dispersion of the line source is too short.

The purpose of the line driver for cars is already listed. It boosts the low level signal so the gain on the amp can be set to the minimum level while still producing full power at the lowest distortion level.

The purpose of Paul Molitor is to bat 3rd in the line up to keep the inning alive so the the cleanup hitter and the other power hitter (usually the 5th hitter) have the opportunity to get some RBI.

#79085 08/22/01 12:27 PM
D
D
My tour is in bad condition. I think that Antonio Wrights is nice, as well as David Zs and 98Redsvt. Wait a minute, this is a trick question! Your (or is your brothers now?)) Hyundai Stellar is the baddest tour!

#79086 08/22/01 12:38 PM
D
D
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/car-audio/part2/

is where the line driver answer is....

"A line driver is a device that amplifies a signal, such as the low-level signal output from a head unit. Line drivers are made to amplify the line level signal to as much as 10 volts or higher. This, of course, is useless unless the receiving end can handle 10 volts as input. To solve this problem, there are line receivers which bring the line level voltage down from 10 volts or more to about 1 volt. Usually, the line driver and receiver are placed as close to the sending signal source and destination as possible, to minimize noise pick up. The automobile is an inherently noisy electrical environment. So RCA cables may pick up noise as it makes its way to the amplifier. Note that noise here refers to the induced noise, not ground loop noise such as engine whine. A simple way to fight against this noise is to make the signal level carried in the RCA cable very high, thus increasing the signal's resistance to induced noise and resulting in a higher signal to noise ratio at the destination of the RCA cable. Most head units produce a fairly low output voltage (< 1.5 V), although recently high end head units advertise 4 volt or higher output, and won't usually need a line driver. The line driver will increase dynamic range in certain cases where excessive noise is masking the lower level signals. However, a line driver will not increase the dynamic range when used in a system with little noise to begin with. There is some truth to the claim that a line driver will let you play your stereo louder since there are cases where the amplifier still doesn't play at its full potential even when its gain is turned all the way up and the volume on the head unit is maxed out. Adding a line driver here will allow you to turn down the gain on the amp while using a lower volume setting on the head unit. But before you jump in with both feet, remember that all electronics has their own inherent noise. Thus if you don't have a serious case of induced noise, a line driver will do little good since it might add enough noise to offset what little noise it "takes away." The line driver is a patch to the noise problem rather than a fix so it is still not the ultimate solution. My personal experience has shown to ME that a properly installed system with none-malfunctioning components will have little noise, even if you use low grade components such as those made by the less desirable manufactures. Also, a lot of crossovers and EQ units have rather high low-level output signals. Some times as high as 8 volts. So be sure to take this into consideration"

#79087 08/22/01 12:42 PM
A
APT Offline
A
Bonus Q only since Dave already beat me.

T-RedSVT has one of the nicest looking one. But, I really like David Z's 3.0L Blue SVT special. But, there's no arguing with WorldTour's 293 whp.

#79088 08/22/01 02:14 PM
E
E
line drive is a really nice hit off the t,also a line drive could b running over a bunch of hillbillies line dancing,the el contouro is the baddest ride on the planet yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy bonus points 4 me

97 gsxr lotsa good stuff 4 sale
95 talon tsi awd turbo loaded sold
95 se 2.5 mtx loaded (fragile handle with care)2 motors 3 trannies
custom y with hi flo cat,custom dynomax exhaust,upper cat mod
superchip,udp,bat\kkm,proflow maf,ford 9mm wires,svt throttle body,svt intake manifold ,custom kevlar clutch,16 pd. flywheel,svt motor mounts ,svt gauges,eibachs\h&r,omp strut brace,dark chrome 16" rials with 225/50 dunlops,cwazy amounts of audio
#79089 08/22/01 03:28 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by el contouro:
el contouro is the baddest ride on the planet yyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy bonus points 4 me

That's what your girlfriend told me. wink

#79090 08/22/01 08:01 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Dave wins again... but you guys all missed the bonus question. The baddest Tour is mine. You shouldn't have tried to be funny there Dave. By saying those other cars first you dug yourself your own grave.

Now you have to eat at Burger King and 3 hours later, poop the consistency of chunky soup.

1996 Contour "Mean Green" (99-02)
2002 Malibu Blue Focus ZX5 - something to hold the PB 15...
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard