Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#788741 11/04/03 11:14 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I have a 95 SE with no cats and race headers on. I am about to send the title in, but need to know if there is a way to get around emmisions laws. I know I won't pass and since its a 95 the OBD2 can't be used even though the car now has a 98 duratec in it. Any advice?

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Just go in and test it....it may pass.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Race headers, streight pipes, it's not gonna pass. But I will try.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
That is the one thing I didn't like about Chicago when I lived there.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Perhaps putting a PO box address would help?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I used to live in Illinois and I have 58 Buick. By mistake they sent me a card saying it need to be tested. I went to the station and they told me it was exempt, but they tested it anyway since I was in the line forever and it passed. If that thing passed yours might also. I do beleive it would pick up the , not having cats though

1996 Sport LX Desert Violet Pearl(purple) 2.5 liter V-6 Name:(Grape) Finally Fixed
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by IL Sean:
Race headers, streight pipes, it's not gonna pass. But I will try.

Won't hurt...you'd be surprised what passes.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by blaze:
I used to live in Illinois and I have 58 Buick. By mistake they sent me a card saying it need to be tested. I went to the station and they told me it was exempt, but they tested it anyway since I was in the line forever and it passed. If that thing passed yours might also. I do beleive it would pick up the , not having cats though

a 58 buick doesn't have the same requirements as say sean's 95 contour to make it pass..... from what I have read on emmission laws for illinois is they are different for the year the car was made. like for example my 96 they plug in an OBDII tool to check to see if the CEL is functional and if there are any emmission codes in the computer if no codes are found I pass if there are you get the chance to retest or they do the old tail pipe test, they also check to see if the computer has been cleared reacently... from what they told me when I had mine tested is it can't be reset for atleast 1 week prior to testing.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
My point is you dont have to have OBDII to have your car to pass the tailpipe emission test. If they go nosing around under the hood and checking codes and such then yeah its going to fail. I have yet to see a place ever check codes though. Most of my failures have been bad oxygen sensors, on my vehicles anyway. With this situation nobody can say how it is going to turn out till he goes there. I wish him luck.

Thanks

Blaze

1996 Sport LX Desert Violet Pearl(purple) 2.5 liter V-6 Name:(Grape) Finally Fixed
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by blaze:
My point is you dont have to have OBDII to have your car to pass the tailpipe emission test. If they go nosing around under the hood and checking codes and such then yeah its going to fail. I have yet to see a place ever check codes though. Most of my failures have been bad oxygen sensors, on my vehicles anyway. With this situation nobody can say how it is going to turn out till he goes there. I wish him luck.

Thanks

Blaze

UMMM as I said ILLIONOS EMISSION LAWS they don't do the tail pipe test anymore on OBDII cars unless it fails the OBDII then you have the option to request the tail pipe test.

but as I sais each year car has different requirements to pass based on year it was built cause a 1958 buick is not ever going to be as emission friendly as a 199x car so they have different levels to what is acceptable for each year of car to pass.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard