Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
#787720 11/06/03 09:26 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Kk lets do some math 720/6 = 120 degrees each firing stroke over laps by 33% Therefore every ft lb of torque generated by the crank at 4000 rpms at the same mep will generate 18 percent more stress on the crank at 7000 rpms on the power stroke but it will add additional pressures at the end of the exhaust stroke ona turbo engine which aides keeping rod expansion down. However it has been proven that most engine failures do not occur on the power stroke they occur at the end of the exhaust stroke where there is little pressure to help slow the high velocity piston down. THis causes rod elongation all the way through to the bottem of the intake stroke then the rod is slammed upwards.

This is why more engines fail at high rpm under closed throttle conditions then high rpm while under wide open throttle. Because the cylinders are running extremely low dynamics and causing this to happen twice per a cycle. Yes the stresses are slightly higher but the forces dont make a diffrence where it counts.

As i was explaining the reason the diffrential failed is because a 30+ pound flywheel and a 150 ft lb engine was hitting the spider gears in the diffrential under a very limited amount of time with a very low first gear/final drive ratio with no wheel spin more then likely generating 1000 ft lbs of force or more spike. Would you like for me to draw Delta acceleration/acceleration/velocity graphs of every single part in order and how that affected the diffrential?

Also the hertz comment was not appropriate for the discussion were not adding firing cycles were adding power to each cycle and the speed at which cycle is completed. The hertz at which the engine out puts torque will remain the same within the time frame of the cycling.

By adding a hz to the system you would be adding 6 more cylinders? However i might be off base here. Inertial dynamics/metal fatigues are not a paticular strong point for me.

Also. No im not an engineer. However i am educated.

Point 2 to stop calling me an ass clown. Act as if you were an adult. Have a conversation without buffering your penis size by calling someone a name from 3000 miles away.

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
#787721 11/06/03 09:39 PM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Quote:

This is why more engines fail at high rpm under closed throttle conditions then high rpm while under wide open throttle. Because the cylinders are running extremely low dynamics and causing this to happen twice per a cycle.

i thought it was because the centrifugal force is so great that the bearings let go and the pistons shoot up through the hood/down through the block!

#787722 11/06/03 10:40 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Holy [censored]! Look out!

WHOOOOOOSH!

Whew! I ducked just in time. Those big swinging dicks almost took my block clear off.

Anyway, I find it funny that the gentleman is saying that TT on a Contour is possible and he hasn't even SEEN A [censored] CONTOUR ENGINE BAY BEFORE!

So what else is there to talk about?

#787723 11/06/03 10:51 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
<worked on a cougar platform and a contour platform before just nothing major. CAI on a cougar and a catback y`d exhaust on a conti.

#787724 11/06/03 11:47 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I hope that Stazi is NOT still reading this guyâ??s stuff. Travis, I think I would really hate to work on any kind of engineering project with you. Hell's bells, youâ??re not even entertaining.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#787725 11/06/03 11:55 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Travis just build it and everyone will believe

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
#787726 11/07/03 12:37 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I do come off as a stuck up [censored] when i talk about stuff like this on a message board but im really damn laid back. Hell i dont know if im right or wrong. I just usuaully build like the turbo headers or intake mani`s to what ever spec im told to. Other then that i read alot and hear alot. I think im done arguing its giving me a headache. Im tired of talking and ready to get down to what i really enjoy doing. Making horsepower So psi to psi lets crank these [censored] up in spring and laydown some numbers

#787727 11/10/03 09:17 PM
S
SVT_AJ Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
did you even read my last post? i could be wrong, but i thought it's general feeling was one of compromise. is it that painful to you that someone has an opinion differant than yours? and as far as your where to put the turbos.... 2 T25 will easily fit in front of the tranny in the area where the battery used to be. you can route the manifolds over to them, from the turbos to the i/c which may require some drilling and cutting to run the piping past the radiator, from the passenger side of the i/c all the way back to the air inlet by passing by the top part of the fans.... that was just off th top of my head with little more that 10 secs. of thought. i'm sure with more thought alot can be done.

#787728 11/10/03 09:24 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Well if you have to move the turbo`s far away from their bank that pretty much kills the upperhand of having 2 turbo`s instead of one. This thread is done. Everyone is satisfied. Now i just have to churn out a twin turbo setup and see if any of my [censored] holds true

#787729 11/10/03 10:47 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by SVT_AJ:
did you even read my last post? i could be wrong, but i thought it's general feeling was one of compromise. is it that painful to you that someone has an opinion differant than yours? and as far as your where to put the turbos.... 2 T25 will easily fit in front of the tranny in the area where the battery used to be. you can route the manifolds over to them, from the turbos to the i/c which may require some drilling and cutting to run the piping past the radiator, from the passenger side of the i/c all the way back to the air inlet by passing by the top part of the fans.... that was just off th top of my head with little more that 10 secs. of thought. i'm sure with more thought alot can be done.

That must be some good stuff you are smoking, unless of course you get special T25's and piping that is way smaller than anyone else.

The bottom line is, you do it, and we'll believe you. Until then, realize that some of folks here have the original Ford CAD models of the contour at thier disposal and know exactly how much space there is in the different areas of the engine bay.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard