Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
#787710 11/06/03 01:40 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Ok, so two turbos won't fit. What about three?

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
#787711 11/06/03 04:14 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
dude, give up on the twin turbo idea!

do you know how difficult it was to find a spot for my remote tranny filter?

me, along with MANY others know this car well, ive pulled the engine twice, built a 3L, put in a new tranny, i know this engine bay well. there is NO WAY you can fit twin turbos! give it up man. go to a ford dealer, take a GOOD LOOK at a duratec contour, then come back here and tell us if you still think you can make them fit!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
#787712 11/06/03 07:31 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
my svt prototype that my dad got me was made wiht a 3l and twin trubos...

Stock '97 Contour SVT 3.0l Twin Trubo. Queef LSD / 240/55xr17 G-Fours KDs 13.2 @ 106 mph EDIT: Someone stole my antena. Acsepting donasions. help iccant aford the gass. join my "premtive strike"
#787713 11/06/03 07:48 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Rooster:
my svt prototype that my dad got me was made wiht a 3l and twin trubos...

You must buy TT-3.0 97 SVT's at the same store that sells "Queef LSD"'s

I'm not sure what a "Queef LSD" would even do - but it sounds really intresting

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
#787714 11/06/03 07:58 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Rara:
and one other thing, Travis, my four year old nephew has better spelling and grammar than you do; this makes you look like foolish, and makes anything you post less believable regardless of what it is. I suggest making an effort to making your posts a bit more readable if you wish to be taken more seriously. But of course, actual tech is a pre-requisite before that will help anyway.

Rara, you got anymore of those CEG shirts left? AndyW and I were wanting a few more...

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
#787715 11/06/03 08:04 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Ok youv actaully made 1 comment that was a legitament statement and that was about the heatloss. What about the flow argument I made earlier? The exducer bores and so fourth?

It just irritates me that people are so closed minded that i get attacked like its sack religious to even bring this up. I feel like im in a mid evil court telling people the sun doesnt revolve around the earth vs. the earth revolves around the sun. Now that iv had a chance to cool off and look at the posts and see what was said. I came into this very open minded. Then 3 people begin attacking me ruthlessly. The first being rara. Who called me a dumbass for even considering it. This is offensive Ofcourse i got agitated.

The second person who comes along is stazi. Calls me an assclown for even making an argument for twin turbo`s. Tells me to shut my fuggin mouth. Yes lets have a technical debate here about twin turbo`s SHUT THE [censored] UP SINGLE TURBO SYSTEMS ARE ALWAYS BETTER LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU! well thats a little one sided isnt it? No one can ever figure anything out unless you debate it.

Third is this path guy whose just pissed off that anyone would even think of a twin turbo setup becuase he just spent 5k and 7 months with out a car to have sf make a single turbo kit.

I want to debate this. Im well aware that space is critical inbetween the firewall and the engine on these vehicles. I really think i have written the last 3 posts accuratly enough for anyone to understand what im trying to say.

So with out yelling at me calling me a dumbass or otherwise insulting my intelligence i would like for someone to battle the tech which I have placed forward. About the exducer bores and their ability to flow for one thing. Accounting the extra turbulence in the 6-2-1 turbo header causing extra pressure and less efficiency.

Also my reply about the compressor maps I chose. These maps will put you under the surge line as long as you tailor the boost under that curve as needed for instance you can ride the surge line all the way up using

5-6 pounds at 2000 rpm
12-13 pounds at 3000 rpm
18 pounds at 4000 rpm and above that its your call This compressor map is a good match for top end performance. THe mid range temps will be high but you just limit boost under deto. Its not all that important to run high boost through the mid range anyways. All the torque is hard on parts. Not like its useful. Why torque through something when you can just down shift?

The engine is still very shallow stroke and it likes rpms. No reason to try and turn it into a torque monster when its built around oversquare high rpm operation.

Further more on the horsepower issue as someone was bringing about reliability as an issue. Horsepower doesnt break parts torque does. You only need 431 brake ft lbs of torque at 7300 rpms to make 600 bhp. I know iv seen dyno plots with duratechs making comparable amounts of torque and not breaking mtx 75`s. A good argument for this is if youv ever seen the drive shafts on the space shuttle carrier. The engines make a rediculously small amount of horsepower but they make 20000+ ft lbs of torque and there is 4 of them.

You could hook a 100000 rpm engine up that makes 5000 horsepower to the mtx 75 and as long as it didnt break the torque capacity for the transmission youd be fine. I dont have the gear ratio`s on me but in first gear the mtx 75 stands over a 500 ft lbs of wheel torque with gearing on a zetec. Youd be hard pressed to find that much torque in a duratech in 3rd or fourth. Its in the top gears youll break it not comming off the line though. Because past a certain torque rating youll just loose traction in the lower gears. But in 3rd or fourth because of vehicle speed aerodynamics are going to "brake" the vehicle. Making the engine able to push forward more without loosing traction.

I definatly think its upto the task to handle pretty much what you want to throw at it as long as you bring brake torque down below 500.

The same is true for piston+con rods+crank+block. Torque is the major stressing factor in the engine because it directly relates to mean effective pressure. Or the pressure the combustion cycle is putting on the parts. You use this to determine how much the piston is pressuring everything else in the drivetrain.

Horsepower is just how often this amount of mean effective pressure is generated. If you generate the same mep a 1000 times per a second its going to stress the part the same amount as it would say if the part was being stressed 1 time per a second. But the part is still only stressed at a 145 psi. It just gets stressed more often in a smaller period of time. Just because you bang a hammer against a nail 50 times a minute compared to once a minute doesnt mean its going to wear any faster.

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
#787716 11/06/03 08:21 PM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
wait guys, i need to get more popcorn...WHERES THE PAUSE BUTTON!!??? this sh!t is great!

#787717 11/06/03 08:58 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Travis:
sack religious mid evil

It's actually kinda funny now

Third is this path guy whose just pissed off that anyone would even think of a twin turbo setup becuase he just spent 5k and 7 months with out a car to have sf make a single turbo kit.

I wish! If only I had those kind of financial resources

Im well aware that space is critical inbetween the firewall and the engine on these vehicles.

Then why are you still debating the subject? The original poster has had his question answered, but you seem to want to continue debate BS tech stuff that no one cares about and that doesn't relate to our cars. If you really want to delve into it, why not go to a turbo-specific forum and debate your theories? (which may be valid, I really have no idea...)

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
#787718 11/06/03 09:01 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
First let me reiterate that there's no way in hell you obtained an engineering degree (or any degree for that matter) let alone wrote a thesis with your spelling and grammar - it's absolutely attrocious and quite laughable.

Secondly, you obviously are ignoring my factual statement that a second turbo is not packagable close to the rear bank (or anywhere else for that matter). Hence I feel that answering any of your questions is pointless as your obviously an idiot savant and an ignoramous.

The second iditotic statement you made that obviously indicates you have no engineering knowledge (which would explain how you could destroy a diff in and MTX75, on a 14sec car) is that time span a force is applied, has no relevance on strength. OMG you have no idea....

Quote:

If you generate the same mep a 1000 times per a second its going to stress the part the same amount as it would say if the part was being stressed 1 time per a second. But the part is still only stressed at a 145 psi. It just gets stressed more often in a smaller period of time. Just because you bang a hammer against a nail 50 times a minute compared to once a minute doesnt mean its going to wear any faster.

Have you ever heard of impulse? Obviously not I=F/t.

Have you ever heard of fatigue life? I doubt it...

The speed at which a force is applied to an object has a significant effect on it's resiliance, and fatigue life.
Going from a 2Hz cyclic torque to a 3Hz cyclic torque will lower your B10 by approximately 50%. God, I can't believe I'm argiung with such a fool, but I cannot sit back and listen to such drivel!

You are truly an assclown - no doubt about it.

Your tech is so narrow minded and is probably something you regurtitated from Turbo Magazine or the like. you have no real clue about the mechanics of material or application of engineering calculations whatsoever, and you dare to call me close minded.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#787719 11/06/03 09:06 PM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
assclown! RAOTFLMAO!!!! this is great.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard