Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
#787462 11/30/03 02:02 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Exactly. A duratec designed for fuel economy? I about pissed my pants. Aside from the one of the highest hp/ltr figures for the time, this guy obviously hasn't seen the fuel economy! Let's say it isn't anything to write home about.

The fuel economy engine is the zetec. Those have made over 400 whp in the focus.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
#787463 11/30/03 05:26 AM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Dang guys, didn't mean get some panties wadded up! lol. Seriously, I know I sounded ignorant. I am. Being a Dodge guy, I know precisely nada about Fords. Secondly, I wasn't trying to put down your cars. I was just posting some opinions, be they accepted or not. Though I expect some irritaion with would come after all, this is y'all's house. And those things some of you posted about the duratec? Didn't know that. Designed by Porsche? Pretty cool. Guess I let some local contour guys bias my opinions on y'all. You know the type. To them, the SVT badge might as well say type R. And if some well tuned Contour wanted to go, I'd do it. Win or Lose, It'd be a cool race. What's the fastest time anyone's ever pulled in a Contour? Just curious 'cause I know of a few SRT's in the twelves.

#787464 11/30/03 05:44 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by BoostJunkie:
Dang guys, didn't mean get some panties wadded up! lol. Seriously, I know I sounded ignorant. I am. Being a Dodge guy, I know precisely nada about Fords. Secondly, I wasn't trying to put down your cars. I was just posting some opinions, be they accepted or not. Though I expect some irritaion with would come after all, this is y'all's house. And those things some of you posted about the duratec? Didn't know that. Designed by Porsche? Pretty cool. Guess I let some local contour guys bias my opinions on y'all. You know the type. To them, the SVT badge might as well say type R. And if some well tuned Contour wanted to go, I'd do it. Win or Lose, It'd be a cool race. What's the fastest time anyone's ever pulled in a Contour? Just curious 'cause I know of a few SRT's in the twelves.

yup, its designed by porsche and ford then took the design and put it our cars. The fastest time iirc is a 13.8 which has been acheived both on a n/a 3.0L putting out 280 hp and on a few turbo svts, running as little as 5 psi. Our cars are not set up for drag racing. They are set up for twisties! I do see a contour breaking into the 12s into the near future though.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
#787465 11/30/03 05:51 AM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
you also have to look at the fact that our cars werent meant to be at the strip. Our cars were made for cruising and pimpin the night away. When was the last time you saw a girl attracted to a neon? now the svt contour is a rare car and most people dont even know it exists, therefore making it an exotic car, therefore women are all over us. now what sounds better

Hey baby want to ride in my neon?

or

Hey baby want to ride in my svt?

yea thats what i thought!

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
#787466 11/30/03 06:15 AM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by lsneo:
you also have to look at the fact that our cars werent meant to be at the strip. Our cars were made for cruising and pimpin the night away. When was the last time you saw a girl attracted to a neon? now the svt contour is a rare car and most people dont even know it exists, therefore making it an exotic car, therefore women are all over us. now what sounds better

Hey baby want to ride in my neon?

or

Hey baby want to ride in my svt?

yea thats what i thought!

Well, a chick that's attracted to a SVT I wouldn't want in my SRT-4 anyway. No telling where THAT'S been.

Now that being the only so called advantage for a SVT in your eyes? Now that's kinda lame.

If I was interested in picking up chicks, I'd of bought a Lexus! I was more interested in performance, so I got the SRT.

Besides, I've had no trouble getting girls with the SRT. Believe me. It's amazing what a BOV does...

#787467 11/30/03 06:50 AM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by BoostJunkie:
Besides, I've had no trouble getting girls with the SRT. Believe me. It's amazing what a BOV does...

Well, hell, if that's all it is.. I can fix that..

WOOT WOOT...

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#787468 11/30/03 08:54 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
This is an intresting debate but, why? Both cars are cool. Both were built for pretty much the same market, just different times and technology. They are both 4 door, entry level price, performance sedans and even have a similar sticker.

I own and enjoy both my 1999 SVT Contour and my 2004 SRT4. Neither is necessarily overall better then the other. That's why I am keeping both! Cars are for fun, and to some a great hobby. Why does it always have to be a contest?

The SVT is sweet. Great power and rev range, responds well to mild mods, fairly cheap, very smooth, corners like a beast with suspension and tires etc...etc... The Duratec is a sweet engine. It has been proven to make great power NA, or under boost. The only weak links being it's not built for boost (pistons, CR) but can be easily and fairly cheap, and doesn't have the toughest tranny.

The SRT rocks!! Insane power, light weight, awesome torque, bulletproof tranny, Quaife, viper seats, awesome price etc..
The 2.4 L dodge turbo engine is bulletproof! Forged goodies, Split block main, crank scraper, piston oil squirters, coated components, etc... The SRT's are pushing insane power with little mods. If you haven't been in one, you need to!

My SRT for example made 230 FWHP/250 FWTQ STOCK and uncorrected. Very impressive numbers for any 4 cylinder! All with an AF/R of under 10:1!!!
My 2nd dyno with just an AFE filter and stage 1 PCM netted over 240 FWHP and 260 FWTQ. Still on stock boost with an AF/R of under 10:1! The peak gains were ok but 10-20 HP/TQ across the board.
I am heading back this weak hoping to make some nice gains with my new 3" O2 housing, 2 1/2" Upper Pressure Pipe and more boost via a TXS HPBC.

Lets face the facts..both cars are inexpensive sport compacts for us domestic lovers to put the beat down on rice boys! LoL

1999 SVT Contour, 2004 SRT4 & Lots Others... Currently building my 1999 SVT for NASA's TT REAL racers do it twisty!!
#787469 11/30/03 02:46 PM
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
230 - 240 whp isn't alot for a 4 cyl, check out the nissan SR20DET or CA18DET, both capable of running upwards of 600 hp on a stock bottom end.

PS, Do you like to Crank your windows??

No hatin' here, just my $.02.

^ Look a dashed line. WOW! Now that is too cool.
#787470 11/30/03 03:45 PM
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Quote:

Well, a chick that's attracted to a SVT I wouldn't want in my SRT-4 anyway. No telling where THAT'S been.

Now that being the only so called advantage for a SVT in your eyes? Now that's kinda lame.

If I was interested in picking up chicks, I'd of bought a Lexus! I was more interested in performance, so I got the SRT.

its called a joke.....im a big srt-4 fan, shiz im a big dodge fan. Check out the gas gustler.....

you can even see the reflection of my headlights on the truck. Can you say 5.9 360cu inch V8 R/T power?

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
#787471 11/30/03 06:39 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by lsneo:
Can you say 5.9 360cu inch V8 R/T power?

can you say my 4.3 blazer walked away from one on the "track"

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard