Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
hey manch-vegasvt thank i did print everything on the car off and am bringing it to my lawyers office in the morning for his review. i meen i dont know if its going to happen or not but damn imagine getting a 2003 gt stang conv. with 0 miles on it for $4,200.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Well put, I work at a huge car lot and they are very anal with the salesmen to keep this from ever happening....

Keith P. Killed in action-4/27/06 '99 CSVT #2369/2760-7/28/99 New Recruit- 1998 EO CSVT # soon to come Black 106,xxx
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Are you and your lawyer absolutely sure there were no disclaimers on the site anywhere that claim that they are not responsible for typos and will not honor typographical errors? Before you get your hopes up, I would check this out. Many sites that sell vehicles online have such disclaimers. Often the salespeople are not the ones updating the website...

Yeah, I'm a troll... 2000 Saab 9-5 SE 2003 Dodge Neon SXT
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
exactly, i work for a large finance company and i have to generate alot of letters via our systems and i have to re-check all $ amounts before sending the letter cause if its wrong we have to honor it and a guy here got fired a year ago cause the ladys ballance was like 4,000 and he entered 400 and she paid 400 and got an attorney and she won. it was the first case in 30 years we lost.

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
You've got a good chance at this going through for you especially if you've got that price in writing. About two years ago I knew a girl who went in to buy a used saturn and signed all the papers and they messed up on the price on the quotes that she had signed. Well, the next thing they did was tell her that they messed up and that was the wrong $$$$$ that she got quoted. She told her father they went down there together and threatened to take them to court and blah blah blah...... After that they decided to just give it to her at that price and eat the diff. rather than spend money on lawyers and end up losing anyway, so she got the car for like eight or nine grand less than the list price.
So the outcome looks good for you especially if your lawyer gets involved........ Why can't I have your luck

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the above is a far cry from a typo in an ad, they actually signed papers with the wrong price so that makes it a LOT easier for the buyer to dispute. I doubt you'll get it 'cause I'm sure they've got some disclaimer somewhere to fight it but stranger things have happened. Good luck.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
no there isnt, trust me i searched every nook and crany of that site for 2 hours today for a disclamer and was none to be found even my lawyer searched it and didnt find anytning. there is even a link to the webmasters site (a seperate company contracted out by ford) and they didnt have a disclamer either)

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
ok moron, who the h*** are you coming in here bashing someone you dont even know, you poser. i have researched it and everything so far points to them having to live up to the add. the law even states that an internet add is legaly binding as long as that specific car with the same stock number is still avalible. so before you start calling people names check yourself a hole....

Gee, did I rain on your money parade? You are just so smart, I dont understand why you dont already have millions of dollars and own many dealerships of your own. Somebody in here is about to throw a temper tantrum because he isn't getting an almost free car like he thinks he is..ahhhh poooor baby LOL.

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I may be crashing the party here, but....if you do go through with this (even the slight chance that this can happen), won't it feel wrong. Maybe I'm a little different than you guys, but I don't see the morality in this. I thought CEG'ers had a better head than that, but I guess I was wrong. It might be a little different if you were in the market for one and you actually wanted the car....but it seems like you are doing this purely as a sell for profit deal as a major loss for the dealership just because they made a simple mistake. Oh well, if you see nothing wrong, carry on....

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Well, good luck on this I guess. In a way I'm with Johnny about the morality of it all, but welcome to America i guess.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Did you post on here to brag or get other peoples opinions? I gave you my opinion and if you don't like it, thats just too bad. I guess since I called you dumb, which I still believe is true, that validates you calling me many other choice names huh? More power to ya dude! I hope you are successful in finding many other people to rip off or sue. Goodluck!

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard