Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Hey all, This past weekend I had my car on the dyno and while doing a pull you could see the left front tire walking back and forth(left to right). Someone mentioned it was probably my control arm bushings. I'm wondering if some of you "in the know" could could confirm or deny this. I did a search and have read through some threads and people mention clunking noises and tire wear as indicators of worn bushings, I have neither of these. Going down the road my car drives straight as an arrow with no pulls most of the time, however if I get a road with some well worn "ruts" my car loves to jump and dart wherever they go, but I always attributed that to having 17's with 225 rubber. One last thing, I also have a shudder/vibration between 45-50, I get it in any gear, any RPM, but feel it through the drivetrain, it also happens with both my 17's and my stock 15's. If I have worn control arm bushings could that cause such a problem as well? I'm really quite baffled about the vibration and unsure about this control arm thing, any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
N
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Hmm, I guess there are far fewer people "in the know" than I thought. Anyone have any good guesses about this? Please?

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
i have 90,000 miles on my car and it does the same thing,when i did my 3.0 swap i saw that my control arms ball joints were lose but couldnot replace them at the time,
so its ither that or you tie rod ends.

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard