#769645 10/11/03 06:22 PM
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Hey all --

As you know I have been pretty busy lately with grad school and I haven't been as diligent with thread maintenance. There are a lot of things in here which just shouldn't be here. So for older memebers and new ones alike, here's a quick review of the NECEG pet rulez.

1) Classifieds - If you have something to sell, put it in the Classifieds. I realize there is a fine line between posting something substantive which may lead to buying or selling something and posting a traditional classified, but I am relying on you guys and girls to make the distinction. If I read something that looks more like a "For Sale" ad than a "Help needed" post, I will lock it. (I generally will not delete it, whereas many other Mods would.)

Also, use your Signature creatively. I have my car for sale, but I do not (usually) make note of it because the information is in my Signature. If people are interested, they will contact me. If you have something to sell, and want more exposure, use your Sig.

2) Peronsal messages - If you are trying to find someone, talk to someone, or schedule a meeting with someone, please use the personal Message feature. Please do not use the boards to post things like "Hey Bill! Nice game of golf yesterday!" It takes up bandwidth and pushes the more information-oriented posts down the line for no good reason.

Now, again there is a fine line here. If you are posting something to the general NECEG community, looking for golf buddies, that would be fine, but if you already know THE INDIVIDUAL you are addressing, please use PM.

3) Searching, Reading - There is no substitute for actually READING the information that is already posted here on this web site. This applies mostly to Newbies, but for the Veterans as well, please use the search feature if you have a technical/specific question. If your situation is unique and an answer cannot be found through searching, THEN post it here.

There have been a number of reposts recently on the NECEG section and across the board about the same questions: Will these wheels fit? What is moosing? Do we have meetings? etc... Most of the information is all here, it is your job to find it.

4) Junk Posts - Please don't place Common Interest related posts here in this section. If you have something to write that is NON-CAR related, please put it in the Common Interests area. For example, if it is cold out, please don't post it here. BUT, if it is cold out and there may be ice on the roads for us New Englanders, then the information is "car related" and should apply here.

Does that make sense? In other words, use your best judgment when posting something. If it is not related to cars (Again, I am pretty liberal here. Most Mods delete or move posts that are Non-Contour related), please use the Common Interests area.

Thanks for reading this. We have probably the most active region on these boards and I feel that a lot of what has been posted recently, which has boosted our total post count, could be applied to other areas of the site and are not relevant to cars. Please keep the content here relevant and help to minimize junk that floods this site and makes it harder for the Mods to manage.

Cowboy up,
Brian

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Brian,

Thanks for the reminder.

You definately have been a very liberal mod, and I know we all appreciate it. I think the family feeling of NECEG has alot to do with our occasional lapse of rules on posts.

So all in all, just wanted to say thanks Brian.

Oh, and GO SOX!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard