Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#762655 10/02/03 09:38 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Quote:

Posting just to raise your post count (aka post whoring) will not be tolerated in any form. If an admin deems you are abusing your account in this manner, your post count will be zeroed and you will lose posting privileges for a couple days.

Now I get it. Good call.

Turbocharged trolling around here somewhere. Beat your wife, Potvin, beat your wife! True Blue 06...err...07~LET'S GO RANGERS!!
#762656 10/02/03 09:45 PM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
lol, i accidentally clicked on dyno and drag just by habit, and noticed that i wasnt where i should be. i say you get rid of it for good, save madddd bandwidth.

#762657 10/02/03 09:52 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by lithium398:
i say you get rid of it for good,

Back in 2000/2001 (just before I registered!) the Off-topic forum was added due to too many "OT: blah blah blah" posts in the General forum. After the cgi/php switch in August 2002, that forum was deleted again due to too much drama having been in it that summer. Unfortunately the "OT" posts in the General forum started up soon after again. The Common Interests forum is primarily a release from this issue. It's almost an impossibility having it gone. I don't have the authority to say this, but I do hope the forum rules will be more strictly enforced/followed and "CI blackouts" such as this one will happen more often just to keep people straight.

While I'm on a rant making suggestions as such, might as well say I think something should be done about the search and repost nazis as well. My apologies if I am acting out-of-place saying this.

#762658 10/02/03 10:13 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by 98 SE:
While I'm on a rant making suggestions as such, might as well say I think something should be done about the search and repost nazis as well.

You know if you did a search you would find that this has been sugessted many times

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
#762659 10/02/03 10:18 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Not much else to do here besides CI. Maybe check up on stuff every one or two weeks, thats about it :-/

#762660 10/02/03 10:35 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Quote:

Although you may think your personal life is interesting, please don't post the intimate details. This isn't a forum for outlining the saga of your life

I think this one is out of hand. I am so tired of "As the Furby turns" and the rest of you forlorn lovers on this site.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
#762661 10/02/03 10:43 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by lithium398:
lol, i accidentally clicked on dyno and drag just by habit, and noticed that i wasnt where i should be. i say you get rid of it for good, save madddd bandwidth.

I'm not trying to play Devil's advocate here, but how exactly will it save 'madddd bandwidth'?? Unless there are signigicantly large pictures all you're downloading is text. And let's face it, how many of us are on dial-ups, and of those who are, who's using anything slower than a 56k? My guess would be almost none. The current size of this thread is around 70K, and it's a full 2 pages...not a very large download at all...it's not like you can read faster than it's loading the page anyway. If you really want to eliminate something that hogs bandwidth, get rid of the Pics and Videos forum.

Also, isn't it possible and even probable that a lot of the BS that was in the Common Interests forums will just find its way to other forums like this one?

Again, I'm just trying to point a different side, not advocate it, I'm not even sure exactly why the CI forum is shut down, it was up when I went to bed last night and this is my first time on since.

I really do enjoy the forums here and hope it doesn't turn into a total waste of Internet space and honestly don't think that it will...there is a lot of good information on here.

-Brian 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 ATX - British Racing Green (two-tone) - 44,000+ miles Former owner of a black '99 SE Sport Duratec ATX - 107,000+ miles
#762662 10/02/03 10:46 PM
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
People will just turn the general section into off topic just like they did last time.

Don't get made at me for saying it. I'm just telling the truth and we know it.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
#762663 10/02/03 10:50 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
nooooooooooo i posted a new topic i hope i didn't get lance upset i needed help on a history project so i asked if people had a subscription to the washington post online so i could check archived articles under their name.

Official CEG troll. '04 Mazda 3
#762664 10/02/03 10:53 PM
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I don't have the authority to say this, but I do hope the forum rules will be more strictly enforced/followed and "CI blackouts" such as this one will happen more often just to keep people straight.

While I'm on a rant making suggestions as such, might as well say I think something should be done about the search and repost nazis as well. My apologies if I am acting out-of-place saying this.

On point 1: it may require more people to admin the CI forum. Also, some people really tend to fly off the handle when a "grey-area" post gets locked, at which point strict enforcement of the rules starts causing more problems than it solves. Every lock will result in a new "hey, why'd you lock my post" or "CEG suX0rs!" thread.

On point 2: the problem I have with "doing something" with the search nazis is that in forums like Troubleshooting, there's an admin post by Lance specifically requesting newbies use the search function. I personally have repeatedly answered the same questions over and over, and it gets old. I enjoy helping people, especially when its easy to answer their questions, but it gets frustrating when someone could just take 15 minutes and find the answer with a simple search. My other option is to just stop answering those questions althogether, which is even less helpful to a newbie than "search for xxxx and you'll find your answer." Although I would say that the tone and attitude used by some people could really be toned down a few notches (I'm guilty of this too from time to time).

I really like having the CI forum. It can be a great place to just talk, discuss, argue, whatever; but I do agree that Lance and the other admins have no obligation to support it.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard