Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
ok PM me and i will tell you the solution to your prob.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Mine leaks a Quart a week and there is smoke. I was also told that the seals were leaking. What is the level of difficulty and time involved to fix the seals?

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
it depends on which seals they are...if ithey are valve cover seals. not much, head gasket...a little longer and difficult, piston rigs...PITA and there are other seals to...degree of difficulty depends on which seal it is.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Zippy_Zetec:
you have seen it? i dont think thats possible...when that much oil burns, there is smoke. end of story. i would believe a teaspoon a day not causing any smoke...but 3-4 quarts per week, from a 6cyl? (especially one as small as a 2.5L) no...if it is burning that much oil inside the engine, there has to be smoke...simple as that. now if it is leaking onto the block somewhere and then burning off, then it will smell funny but no smoke.

heres what you should do, drive the car around the block. dont drive like an ass, just do normal everyday driving. when you get home, get out and open the hood. look for fresh oil. also sniff around for an oil smell. then LET IT COOL FIRST! and get down by the tailpipe and run you index finger along the inside of the tailpipe. if it comes out oily, or with excessive soot, you are burning the oil in the chamber and attention should be paid.

but again, i do not think its pssible to burn that much oil, and not get smoke or at least a smell. and by now, his cat would be toast, so it should be smoking. it is my opinion, that you have blown a head gasket. but even that should emit a blue/black smoke. coolant burns white. oil burns blue/black, so when you blow a head gasket, oil and coolant mix together in the cobustion chamber and burn. and presto...blue smoke is created.

not to be a jerk or anything, i just dont think its possible.

This time we're on the same side of the aisle, Zippy. Hemmoraging that much oil would either create a smoke plume that would make the road behind the car impassable and/or asphixiate everyone in the cabin, or leave a small oil-field under the car.

Something stinks ... and it doesn't smell like burning oil.

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Originally posted by Drumbo:
you have seen it? i dont think thats possible...when that much oil burns, there is smoke. end of story. i would believe a teaspoon a day not causing any smoke...but 3-4 quarts per week, from a 6cyl? (especially one as small as a 2.5L) no...if it is burning that much oil inside the engine, there has to be smoke...simple as that. now if it is leaking onto the block somewhere and then burning off, then it will smell funny but no smoke.

heres what you should do, drive the car around the block. dont drive like an ass, just do normal everyday driving. when you get home, get out and open the hood. look for fresh oil. also sniff around for an oil smell. then LET IT COOL FIRST! and get down by the tailpipe and run you index finger along the inside of the tailpipe. if it comes out oily, or with excessive soot, you are burning the oil in the chamber and attention should be paid.

but again, i do not think its pssible to burn that much oil, and not get smoke or at least a smell. and by now, his cat would be toast, so it should be smoking. it is my opinion, that you have blown a head gasket. but even that should emit a blue/black smoke. coolant burns white. oil burns blue/black, so when you blow a head gasket, oil and coolant mix together in the cobustion chamber and burn. and presto...blue smoke is created.

This time we're on the same side of the aisle, Zippy. Hemmoraging that much oil would either create a smoke plume that would make the road behind the car impassable and/or asphixiate everyone in the cabin, or leave a small oil-field under the car.

well when i blew my block heater out of the engine, i was burning 3-4 quarts of coolant every 15 miutes... and i was 500 miles from home, so guess what i had to do...drive 5 miles, put a gallon in then drive 5 more miles and do it again. and iwas in the desert too, so it didnt help any...but anyway, point of the story is that there was smoke while all this was going on. im not saying the guy/girl is lying...but he/she might be exaggerating the prob a little...either that or he/she does not kno the extent of the damage. since we have not heard form this individual for a few days, i would venture to say they have sought professional help...(you can take that whichever way you want to )

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Drumbo:

well when i blew my block heater out of the engine, i was burning 3-4 quarts of coolant every 15 miutes... and i was 500 miles from home, so guess what i had to do...drive 5 miles, put a gallon in then drive 5 more miles and do it again. and iwas in the desert too, so it didnt help any...but anyway, point of the story is that there was smoke while all this was going on. im not saying the guy/girl is lying...but he/she might be exaggerating the prob a little...either that or he/she does not kno the extent of the damage. since we have not heard form this individual for a few days, i would venture to say they have sought professional help...(you can take that whichever way you want to )

Word.

Forget the "curious" lack of visual evidence. As a practical matter, I can't imagine how it would be possible to even drive a car in that condition week in, week out.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Whats your Coolant look/smell like? Not as likey but check it so see, also how long has this been goin on?

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Champagne96GL:
Whats your Coolant look/smell like? Not as likey but check it so see, also how long has this been goin on?

If 4-5 qts of oil per week are dumping into the coolant, the coolant would pretty much look like oil ... until the cooling system exploded.

Dude, we're being zoomed! This poster is a prankster.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
yeah thats why I said it not likely, but yeah that seems to be the case, he seems to be a troll

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
guys maybe he just got the help he needed from a mechanic and has forgotten to repost...some of you guys are real mean...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard