Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Well, it looks like several people can make it to a get-together on the Sat. the 4th, so I guess we'll go for it on that date, before the weather goes nasty on us! It sounds like we'll be going to Mt. St. Helens, and then continuing N to Hwy. 12, then E over the Cascades to Yakima, and then back down to the Columbia Gorge, and on back to Portland.

I'm not sure where everyone wants to meet beforehand. I think Toby's coming up from Eugene, and others are in the Portland/Vancouver area, so maybe we could meet along I-205 or I-5 near the Columbia River? Maybe at the Home Depot parking lot on Airport Way?

Is anyone from Seattle/Tacoma/Etc. gonna make it? We could meet up with people from up north closer to St. Helens, so they don't have to come down and go right back up again.
I don't know if anyone wants to BBQ anything, or maybe everyone can just get sub sandwiches and bring some chips and drinks. Any thoughts?

Umm, I'm sure I've forgotten something, so chime in if you figure out what it is!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That's excellent! I'm in. I'm going to explore an "alternate route" involving a forest service road to Mt St Helens, rather than taking the freeway. If we've got people coming from the north then that will change things, but if we're all from the Vancouver WA area and south I know of a route that will be loads of fun! Don't worry...I'll check it out personally before we go that way.

My thoughts are to meet fairly early in the morning, around 9:00 AM, depending of course on where everybody is coming from. That's a good bit of driving we're planning to do, and getting home before dark would be a good thing.

Please discuss! I've unfortunately missed every meet this summer due to business, so I'm especially itching!

Mike

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
wow, i have been away from the NW discussion board to long. a meet i didn't know about. alright, as long as work, doesn't try to get us to work next weekend too. then, I am in. I am coming from auburn, about half way between seattle and tacoma. Don't change times for me incase, i can't make it, so what ever you deciede, will be fine with me.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Hey Marty, who are the seven people that are gunna make it? just curious, anyways i am down, subs and chips etc sounds good, the drive sounds excellent and i hope the weather holds up!

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Hey, Toby -- I'm not sure how many are coming yet. The first sentence says several, not seven. I dunno if that's where seven came from , but no worries. Hopefully we will get at least seven though! I think we're up to 3-4, with you, me, Mike (shotwell) as "yes," and Llane (auiotour) as "hopefully." Plus, there was interest from others in the first thread. Hopefully they'll be able to make it, as well as anyone else who may not have seen the other thread.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Ohhhh, my bad, well ya hope that more people can make it. Also do you know if Rob is down here in Eugene at the autocross? Anywas if you want me to be in charge of something like food, directions, etc anything, just let me know and i can get on it to make this meet a success.

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Wow, man sounds like we are gonna have quite the drive, didn't read it as carefully, damn, gonna have to bring my digital camera, and laptop so I can unload my camera if needed.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I might be in.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
My finances are in [censored] state due to a trip I have to take on the 5th, but I am going to try to make it after I drop my GFU off at the airport on Saturday.

Depending on how much sleep i get,

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Thanks for volunteering to help out, Toby. I think the food situation is covered if everyone just brings a sub sandwich or whatever they want to eat. Also, if everyone brings a bag of chips or cookies or something, we could share them.

As far as where to meet, does the Home Depot on Glen Widing Drive (just off of Airport Way) sound okay to everyone? It's kinda centrally-located to Portland/Vancouver, and just off a freeway we can take north. Plus, I think there's a Subway a few blocks to the east if anyone needs to get a sandwich yet.

9:00 was suggested as a meeting time. Is that too early for anyone? Llane, and anyone else from Seattle/Tacoma who is coming -- do you want to come down to Portland, or just catch up to us near Mt. St. Helens?

Also, looking at a map here, it looks like there are two roads going up to Mt. St. Helens -- one from the west, and one from the east, and they don't appear to connect. It looks like the visitor's center is on the road from the west, not too far off of I-5. Does everyone want to go there, or just drive up to see the mountain itself? Either one's fine with me. Mike, have you had a chance to check out the route you were thinking of? Does it go to the east or west side of the mountain?

It looks like the weather's gonna be low to mid 70s this side of the Cascades, and 80-85 on the east side, so that should be nice!

Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard