Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I have had this "problem" with every Ford I own. The wiper refills that the car comes with perform beautifully, and last for years, but eventually it comes time to replace them. I can never seem to find a refill that comes close to the same quality. I have tried both Bosch and Anco. The 3 month old Anco's on there now streak and skronk. Carefully wiping them off helps, but only for a week or so.

I hate to go spend major $$$ to buy refills from the dealer, but I'm getting to the point where I think it might be worth it.

Any suggestions?

'99 Contour SVT
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I forget the brand name but they have them at Wal-mart! They are only the inserts(OEM) and you may need to trim them to fit! The containers are red and have letters A-C to determine size! You need to use them with your original blades!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
That's right. Wal Mart.

The refills you want are Lexor brand. Width B.

They are better than the factory originals and by far the best I have found.

They are a cut to fit length which means that one set will satisfy your needs wothout worrying about the difference in size from side to side.

They used to be carried by Pep Boys and others, but lately i have only been able to find them at Wal Mart.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Thanks guys!

'99 Contour SVT
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Thanks also from the Old Fart, this is good info to know Lexor "B" Wally-world.
Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
do they sell the frames too?

i always have issues with wipers. do they sell "winter" blades as well?

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Winter blades??? do you just paint the black ones white to get rid of snow off the glass????

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
i'm picking up your sarcasm.

but for those who don't know, winter blades have the frames wrapped in rubber so they don't clog with snow and ice.
they are also usually shorter and thus sweep a smaller area, i guess they think we'll just turn our wipers on to get snow off the windsheild so the smaller blades will be less likely to burn out the motor or strip the gears...???

they are somewhat important in northern climates. my car is so much different in the winter. 16" wheels, rubber floormats, winter wiper blades.

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Oo.et.oO:

but for those who don't know, winter blades have the frames wrapped in rubber so they don't clog with snow and ice.
they are also usually shorter and thus sweep a smaller area, i guess they think we'll just turn our wipers on to get snow off the windsheild so the smaller blades will be less likely to burn out the motor or strip the gears...???

they are somewhat important in northern climates. my car is so much different in the winter. 16" wheels, rubber floormats, winter wiper blades.

Dude, you go to RPI?

-06 GTO Torrid Red/M6 -98 LS with BPU -05 Honda Odyssey EX-L mv .zig ..\for\great\.justice
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Oo.et.oO:

Not really smaller. I buy the same size as regular blades. I just find they run out of the right sized ones quicker, so sometime I have to a put a smaller one on because the 20" are out of stock.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard