Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
how hard would it be to put an SVT tb into an SE without traction control? I am going to be putting my SVT UIM in, and probably a CAI. I figure that while i'm in there i should put in a new throttle body. I also hear that the SVT ones are substantially better than the standard throttle bodies. Also, has anyone done the 60-63mm optimization? any gains there? i'm seriously thinking of buying an svt TB and wondering if i should have it opened to 63 before i put it in.

~Weasel Bomb 1998 Contour SE Sport TOTALLED For Sale: DUAL EH'D Powdercoated Blue UIM (prefer local pickup) Bullitt Fuel Door
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
(Trying not to be a dick here...)

Dude...a very popular mod...so popular its listed on the How-To:

http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=24

Just a search away...

N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
I've done this myself. hardest part is running the new throttle cable, and that wasn't all that hard. haven't had it optimized, but plan to this winter while the car is parked.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
yeah, i know that it's popular. i know that there's a how-to. i was mostly looking for answers on the 60-63mm question. but yeah, i know what you mean, one shouldn't post when one can search.

~Weasel Bomb 1998 Contour SE Sport TOTALLED For Sale: DUAL EH'D Powdercoated Blue UIM (prefer local pickup) Bullitt Fuel Door
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
If you want, you could have it direct sent to me at Buckshot Motorsports and I'll optimize it before you do the install. Drop me a PM or email if interested.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Well, I don't know of any places that offer the 63mm TB (SHOShop no longer sells it). I did some research a little while back on this subject and came to the conclusion: While optimizing the TB nets some gains, the TB is not a major restriction in the intake path until you're pumping in a lot more air (3L, forced induction). So optimize the 60mm TB and be done with it.
HTH

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Opening and smoothing the bore plus removing 90% of the throttle shaft and the screw heads/extra threads will net about 5-6% more area for air to flow through the TB. This is a crucial entry point for air flow into the UIM and it will make a noticable improvement in how quick the engine climbs through the mid & upper RPMs. If you don't get a noticable response from this mod, there may be restrictions either upstream in the intake or downstream in the exhaust.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
don't mess up though, take my word for it....it's not easy to mess up unless you're a complete idiot....

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard