Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Kinda quiet on our corner of the board here! Anyway, here's a little update on my car...

I just did the TB optimization and removed the fenderwell intake snorkel. It made a noticeable difference in the mid and top end, so if you haven't done these two things yet I recommend doing them. At least yank out that restrictive snorkel -- it doesn't take too much time, and probably helps quite a bit. The car kinda has a little more growl to it now too. I'm still working on a cold air intake...

I installed the Energy Suspension bushings for the rear sway bar. That made a big difference -- my OEM ones were trashed! I have the bushings for the front bar and for the tranny mount as well, but have not installed them yet. I ordered, and now have, a set of Konis, and my Eibachs should be here late this week, with a pair of camber/caster adjusters. I have the gaskets I need to replace when I clean the UIM/LIM, and need to do that as well. I also have a DMD waiting to be put on. Too much to do, too little time...

Anybody make it to the CSCC School on Friday? Unfortunately I didn't, and I'm not gonna make it to the BMW one this week either. I need new tires first... I hope there's still one I can get to this year -- I'm going into withdrawals!

Anyone interested in a meet/drive before the weather turns lousy? Someone had mentioned some good mountain passes in WA somewhere, I think? Or anywhere else with some good twisties would be just fine too!

Cascade Sports Car Club is having their Mountains to the Sea rally on the 27th, if anyone is interested in a nice TSD rally from Portland to Pacific City, with a BBQ at the end! See www.cascadescc.com for details.

Anyway, I hope everyone and their cars are doing well!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. I would like to get one more meet in before the weather turns on us, but I've been spending a lot of time looking for a house lately. If I find one, the move in "might" conflict with a meet.
Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I haven't done much lately besides look at homes & work. I hope all of your modding goes well. As far as the meet goes just keep me informed so I can plan accordingly. Take it easy.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Im down for a meet and drive too, soon soon!! Rain and cold weather is comin FAST! I think we should get a poll of who wants to get a meet together and drive to see if its worth it to get a meet together. Then we can figure out the dates, locations, etc. My car has been seeing the garage lately because i have been busy with school and soccer, oh and my soccer team just got rated 1st in the polls in State for 4AAAA boys soccer. Hopefully we can repeat last year and and win the state title once more my senior year.

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'm up for a meet and or a drive! How about a trip up Mt St Helens? I haven't been able to make any meets this summer as I have been gone...but I'll be back this week so I'm definitely up for something.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
St. helens sounds fantastic! Iv only been up there once, and that was a long time ago, im down for that, anyone else up for it?

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Damn, if my girlfriend wasnt flying in Saturday and I wasnt going to Godsmack on Sunday, I would say lets go to St. Helens this weekend.

Damn.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Yeah, I can't make it this weekend either, but maybe the next one? It looks like the weather is going to be pretty good yet, if I read the long-term forecast correctly at NOAA's site anyway. St. Helens would be cool. It's been a while since I was up there too. Plus, there oughta be some fun roads up in that area. Maybe we could go to St. Helens, then take Hwy. 12 east to Yakima, and come back on Hwy. 97 or something to Hwy. 14, or I-84. That would cover a bunch of different scenery, and should provide some good twisties too. I've been on Hwy. 12 to Mt. Ranier Nat. Pk., but not east of there. There are some good views -- and curves -- on that road anyway.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
...we could go to St. Helens, then take Hwy. 12 east to Yakima, and come back on Hwy. 97 or something to Hwy. 14...

Couldn't have said it better myself! I'm absolutely up for the weekend of Oct 3-5. If it decides to rain or something we can postpone it a week...I'm open!

Mike

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Hey guys. October could be a tough one for me. I am currently in the process of purchasing a home in Beaverton. I still need to have the home inspected & then the owner still neeeds to get it appraised. If all goes well I will move in the end of October. Money is going to be a little tight if this deal goes through, so I can only go if the deal bombs. I'll try to keep you all informed.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
HEy next weeekend is good for me or anytime within the next couple of weeks, besides this weekend there is an autocross event in my hometown anyways, can't miss that! And a duck game, hey what do u all think of that major upset by us ducks against michigan!hahaha GO DUCKS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard