Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
No, you cannot retain the traction control due to the fact that you must utilize the SVT throttle cable. Why would you want to keep it? I removed the complete traction control system on mine-it was crap anyway. It helped me get stuck in my Dad's driveway in a couple of inches of snow. It's noisy and intrusive and you'll get way better pedal feel and throttle response with it removed. The cable is like 6 feet long!

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
how hard would it be to put an svt tb into an se without traction control? and also, has anyone dont the 60-63mm optimization? any gains there? i'm seriously thinking of buying an optimized svt TB and wondering if i should have it opened to 63 before i put it in.

~Weasel Bomb 1998 Contour SE Sport TOTALLED For Sale: DUAL EH'D Powdercoated Blue UIM (prefer local pickup) Bullitt Fuel Door
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
99 traction control doesn't use the the throttle cable like the 95's. The computer cuts spark and fuel (at injectors) and applies brakes as needed. So any TB will work that would work otherwise.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard