Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Holy Crap - I thought I was the only one that had this problem. You shut the door, you get the creak and windows shatter thru out the neighbourhood....dogs barking... I was beginning to think that 'tour had been in an accident before I bought it....

Good to know though...

White Grease!! 8 months plus...but starting to get stiff again...will need another application soon....

...and that last sentence didn't sound too good!

'95 Contour SE - MTX All stock...except for my Canadian Tire cup holder 270,000 kms (April 2004) GO BABY GO!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
lol

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TronX:
Wd-40 is more of a greaser and cleaner. I use gun oil.

Actually, (I hate to sound like a know it all) WD-40 means="Water Dispacement formula number 40" It's original use was to displace water, and it took the inventor 39 perevious tries until he got it right. So it is not now, and never was meant to be a general lubricant, although it does work in that manner for a short time. It was meant to get rid of water, then pretty much go away. Which is why it lasts for a couple days only on door hinges and the like. White lithium grease is meant to lubricate, and stay on the part it's applied to so it can continue to lubricate.

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
so i have this problem and have tried EVERYthing.

the best fix i found was heavy grease like you'd use in CV joints. i'm actually using red lubro-moly. it's synthetic.

so it doesn't squeak but both back doors are incredibly hard to open.

i also have a weird problem where sometimes the passenger side doesn't open from the inside. even when the child lock is off.

i think i have to take these doors apart altogether and lube them up. but i'll wait until i put in new speakers...

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Oo.et.oO:
so i have this problem and have tried EVERYthing.

i also have a weird problem where sometimes the passenger side doesn't open from the inside. even when the child lock is off.

I've got the same thing ... weird!

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
C
C
I used some lithium grease, which was better than WD40. lasted me about a week instead of two days

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
use some rubbing alcohol and wipe off the old grease..its full of dirt.. did it to mine and then put the white lithium grease on and it fixed it.. you have to get into there and remove the old grease and put some new grease on a cotton swab and wipe in in there real good.. close the door a few times and put some more on and then open and close it to get the grease moving around...
hope this helps.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
heh, same problem on our 2000..i'll try the above mentioned, i was starting to get very annoyed at that loud sound especially when trying to sneak a few friends home to their wives drunk i swear that creeking is that loud!

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
hah....this is just too funny. my svt, of course, has the same ANNOYING noises!!! i swear this car makes more noises than my old 99 neon did!! but it's faster, so i guess that counts for something!!

~*~Bonnie~*~ Amazon Green 00 SVT Contour, #? of 2150, born 2/00 (bought 7-16-03)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by GrnSVTour00:
hah....this is just too funny. my svt, of course, has the same ANNOYING noises!!! i swear this car makes more noises than my old 99 neon did!! but it's faster, so i guess that counts for something!!

lol

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard