Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
My rear doors have been creaking...embarassingly loud for 2 years now. I think a combination of MI winters, heat extremes, and a sh*tty design have all played a part.

Like a lot of us...I sprayed the hinges down with WD-40. Works for a day..then "Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeak."

So...after using PB Blaster to remove/install new springs/struts/control arms on my 535i, I took the can and sprayed down the hinges, but this time I took the little red tube...jammed it into the rubber boot on the door side of the door where the arm goes in to keep the doors open, and let it rip until fluid was leaking out of the little boot. Did both on top and underneath the little arm going into the door.

Result: No more squeaking or creaking!! Its been 3 weeks now. So even if I have to repeat say once a month...that's good for me.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I got rid of my sqeaks by dabbing a thin film of Vasoline on the thing. Been working fine since March.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A little spritz of white lithium grease in all the right places works fine for me.

THE CAR, THE CAR!!!

you sick bastidges!!

Turbocharged trolling around here somewhere. Beat your wife, Potvin, beat your wife! True Blue 06...err...07~LET'S GO RANGERS!!
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
the sprays are ok for short-term fix, but you should apply a heavy grease for long-term cure. seems to be needed most on that horizontal hinged piece.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 00ContourSE:
A little spritz of white lithium grease in all the right places works fine for me.

THE CAR, THE CAR!!!

you sick bastidges!!

Too much sugar today???

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
motor oil, worked since march or so (royal purple BTW)

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I kinda' LIKED that SKREEEEEEEEEEEK sound!
It seemed to say, "Cheap Ford product!"

I guess that I didn't like it that much though...
I hit it with plenty of lithim grease.
I tried the WD40 fix once....lasted a few days.

Danny Brown

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
wd40 or motor oil is way to thin for the door hinges from hell. Mine do the same shrieking and sometimes it is embarassing.

gotta use thick whie grease...even spray on white grease is not as good as a tube

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
WD-40 is only a solvent.. it will break down the dried up grease that is on the object.. that is why it last for a day or so.. you spray some WD-40 on and it cuts the grease that is already there... you gotta clean off all the old grease and put some new grease on.... just something to think about.. with WD-40

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Wd-40 is more of a greaser and cleaner. I use gun oil.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard