Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zygster Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
98 ContourLX 95K

Sometimes when I am on the highway and take my foot off the gas because of traffic or on an exit ramp, my car will jerk violently once or twice as it slows down. It also makes a loud thump noise with each jerk.

I just had my transmission replaced 3 weeks ago. It was doing this all the time, so it has improved, but not 100%.

Other than the tranny, I've had an o2 sensor, mass air flow sensor, 2 engine mounts, and a cracked air filter box fixed in the last month. It is still happening!! As of now...

Mechanic #1 : Said its the transmission, there is nothing he can do and to take it back to the place again.

Transmission place #1 : He can find nothing wrong with my transmission, said he drove it and nothing happens with him, nothing shows up when scanned.

Mechanic #2 : Said it was a problem with the overdrive and reccomended a transmission shop. Nothing he can do.

Transmission place #2 : An o2 sensor and mass air-flow sensor threw codes. I need to take it to a mechanic. Nothing is wrong the over-drive either.

I have been been bounced around 4 different places in the last month or so and no one can fix my car nor knows what is wrong.

Any ideas as well as how to deal with aloof mechanics would help. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Whoops : reading a thread below about "bang shift" and am wondering if I should posted there instead. Sorry.

Last edited by Zygster; 09/09/03 05:39 PM.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have that same problem too and AAMCO said it's the motor mount doing that.

So, I will be checking to see if you get an answer to this one. I am going to turn my OD off and see if that helps.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
'Scuse me folks. I had this problem with an old rear wheel drive car. I put up with it for YEARS. One day I decided to tinker with it. It turned out the tranny was over-filled. I drained off just a few ounces to get the fluid level right & TA-DA!! Never had a problem for the rest of the life of the car.

Be careful with the fluid level in a tranny. High levels make funny thing happen, low levels can be catastrophic.

Keep us updated!

JimR

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
HHHmmm, thanks Tour, I will have to check that out.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Z
Zygster Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Well I told the latest 'doc' to check the tran fluid level and to put in a new TSS. After 4 different shops who can't find out whats wrong, I think I am out of options. I'm picking the car up later. I'll post the results.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard