Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Whenever you open the door with the key in, that sound is there. DING DING DING DING DING! It gets sooooo annoying when im trying to work on the car. Especially when im wiring up my cd player and I need to leave the key in to listen to the speakers. Its even worse if I am somewhere around the car with friends, and I want to put on some music and open a door or two (need key in ignition).

SOOOO I came up with an idea to install a switch for the tone. This way I can leave the door open, and just flip the switch under my dash to make it shut up. And I can just turn it on again later. The problem is, when I looked at the speaker itself, it is directly attatched to the fusebox, and I dont want to screw around with wiring in the fuse box. I thought that I can just take apart the switch in the doorway that clicks in the tone. I thought that I could just rewire it and put in a flip switch so that I can just cut the power to it whenever I want. When I cut the wire, the other end fell back into the hole. Now I cant find it. No matter how much I dig from the inside, or wherever, I CANT FIND THE DAMN WIRE! It was white with a black stripe, and I noticed a white/black stripe wire coming from the fuse box, but I really dont think its the same one because it is quite thicker. I noticed another white/black stripe wire going to the power mirror controls. Is there a place I can get a wiring diagram from, or does anybody know where this wire leads to and from? I hope somebody out there understood what I just wrote, because I need to find this thing. If pics are required, then I can maybe take them tomorrow.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I thought I was the only one up this late. I just stick a toothpick in the button thingy to make it stay in. No more dinging until you pull the toothpick out.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by klavender:
I thought I was the only one up this late. I just stick a toothpick in the button thingy to make it stay in. No more dinging until you pull the toothpick out.

Sure that would be the EASY thing to do. But I have a grown addiction with putting in switches in my car now. I just put one in for my electric antenna. Now I can listen to cds without worrying about breaking another antenna in a carwash. Since I mostly listen to cds anyhow, why strain the motor? ...plus it looks cool

Yeah, its kinda late. Sleep should be nice, goodnight.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
That relay does more than just ding when the door's open IIRC... I remember a post of someone who stuck a screwdriver through what they believed was just a speaker and screwed up several things in their car... just use the toothpick idea... but then then the lights don't go on with the opening of the drivers' door...
Else... try to incorporate that ding sound into your life in some positive way... haha!

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by PranQster:
That relay does more than just ding when the door's open IIRC... I remember a post of someone who stuck a screwdriver through what they believed was just a speaker and screwed up several things in their car... just use the toothpick idea... but then then the lights don't go on with the opening of the drivers' door...
Else... try to incorporate that ding sound into your life in some positive way... haha!

lol, thats exactly why I wanted a switch in there. That way I can just flip the switch back to the on position, and my lights will come back on when the door is open. its so simple to do, but i lost that wire in the tiny hole so now I need to find it or it will never detect my door being open. Wiring diagram anybody?!?!

Last edited by lithium398; 09/01/03 07:26 AM.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Get a flute and play a tune...maybe it will pop back out of the hole kinda like a snake charmer?

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
tried it.

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
what i did was take a bunch of kleenex (like 5-6 sheets) fold it in half, and duct tape it to the bottom of the box, it muffles the speaker making it MUCH quieter.

~Weasel Bomb 1998 Contour SE Sport TOTALLED For Sale: DUAL EH'D Powdercoated Blue UIM (prefer local pickup) Bullitt Fuel Door
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by lithium398:
tried it.

lmfao
O.K. I actually had a REAL idea here. We're talking driver side door where you cut it I assume?
Get up under your front wheel and pop off the plastic cover. There's a hole up near the middle that has a bunch of wiring going in and out of the engine bay. The wire you cut HAS to be in that clump of wires somewhere.

Actually you don't have to take the pastic cover off you can access that hole from inside the engine bay. You might need to take the plastic off to trace the wire to find the end though.

Last edited by freakshow; 09/01/03 07:50 AM.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Probably best to remove left kickpanel to expose wiring in body cavity. The W/BK wire actually heads over to a connector on pass side then doubles back to a 10 pin connector(9 used) at the fuse panel. This is a wire which is grounded by door jamb switch, when door is open, providing signal that driver's door is open to central timer module.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard