Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#731885 08/27/03 04:10 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I agree with Hetfield, $500 is very high for these simple mechanical replacements. Many muffler shops even will have a mechanic on duty that could do this for much less. Just make sure you get the right parts for them.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
#731886 08/27/03 06:19 PM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
if they are counting that 1 hour diagnostic in there then I can see how they came up with $500. Parts is maybe $125 or so, then maybe 1.5 hours of labor.

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
#731887 08/28/03 09:05 PM
N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
ok, well i got the coil pack, spark plugs (they were the orig. ones) and wires replaced, and they tell me the car is done. well i go to pick it up, and within a MINUTE of driving it, i can tell that the car is still not idling right, even though there is no CEL (the revs going up and down like when the check engine light was on), so i take it back. now they think it is the computer/chip or something (not sure on the details). ill keep you guys updated in case anyone is interested.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#731888 08/29/03 10:37 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Yep, Ford charges $50 an hour here for "diagnosing" the problem. Luckily, I had my plugs and wire changed out at cost.

Last edited by LoCoChick; 08/29/03 10:37 PM.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
#731889 08/29/03 11:58 PM
N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
ok heres what happened:
i go to pick it up today, and well....lets see. they replaced the oxygen senson and PCV something..i honestly dont even know. 200 bucks. i go over to the car, and the rear windows are all the way open. no problem, except that the car is OUTSIDE, and a major rainstorm just passed through. my whole back end was soaked. so the guy goes and gets some stain remover and a TOWEL. my mom was with me, and she was absolutely pissed off. raving. the guy gives her a certificate for a free oil change. A 20 DOLLAR OIL CHANGE! they end up taking it to get detailed for a few minutes, and the end result is pretty good. actually better than before...but its still soaking wet. my mom is still pissed off, so she goes to the manager. he agrees with her, and decides to take off the 200 dollars. so then we leave. i go not even to the end of the block, and the check engine light comes on AGAIN. i SLAM the accelerator, drive back into the dealership, with some dr. dre blaring , wheels screeching. they end up cleaning the fuel injectors (free...yaay). so far, nothing has happened again, and it runs like a dream, like it did before (crossing fingers).

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#731890 08/30/03 12:26 AM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Nate S:
ok heres what happened:
i go to pick it up today, and well....lets see. they replaced the oxygen senson and PCV something..i honestly dont even know. 200 bucks. i go over to the car, and the rear windows are all the way open. no problem, except that the car is OUTSIDE, and a major rainstorm just passed through. my whole back end was soaked. so the guy goes and gets some stain remover and a TOWEL. my mom was with me, and she was absolutely pissed off. raving. the guy gives her a certificate for a free oil change. A 20 DOLLAR OIL CHANGE! they end up taking it to get detailed for a few minutes, and the end result is pretty good. actually better than before...but its still soaking wet. my mom is still pissed off, so she goes to the manager. he agrees with her, and decides to take off the 200 dollars. so then we leave. i go not even to the end of the block, and the check engine light comes on AGAIN. i SLAM the accelerator, drive back into the dealership, with some dr. dre blaring , wheels screeching. they end up cleaning the fuel injectors (free...yaay). so far, nothing has happened again, and it runs like a dream, like it did before (crossing fingers).

Hmmm.. PVC something aye? I just found a bad PVC something
the other day and wrapped it with Tape. My car got some extra
HP back she lost.

200$ was not bad. I really can't stand people like your mom
though. Sure they were stupid for leaving the window open.
Looks to me like they cleaned everything up though. I would
not have given you a free 200 repair, service was done.
That is unless your mom was a lawyer, then I'd have to
think about the cost.

You should feel guilty, some guy worked on that car and did
a good job. But the guy that gets the 200$ bill taken out of his
pay check and can't eat dinner or buy beer is going to see
your name some day in the future and might give his pay back.

#731891 08/30/03 12:39 AM
N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
dude...it was completely unprofessional of them. leaving the windows open and the carpet stained was something i would expect from a 10 year old. give me a break. if i had leather seats, they would probably have been ruined. yeah, i know my mom and be a b!tch sometimes (PMS? lol shes actually very sweet). but, as she said to the guy there, "we have been buying cars here from joe for 13 years, we have brought our best friends here, and they have all bought cars from here. and this is completely unacceptable." besides a select few who i like very much at that dealership, the people there and the overall establishment (Marshall Ford) is extremely sleazy. youre right, i do feel bad about getting the 200 for free (thats something that my mom never even asked about, the service manager brought it up)...but it was the guy's fault, and he should pay the concequences. that's life.

plus, giving us the "free oil change" was kind of insulting. yeah, you just screwed up my car! like i want to come BACK here for a freaking OIL CHANGE!!?! NO!

Last edited by Nate S; 08/30/03 12:54 AM.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#731892 08/30/03 12:49 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
What I am wondering is why the back windows were even down to begin with? Everytime I have taken my car to the stealership I have always gotten it in the same condition as when I brought it in...just my 2 cents

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
#731893 08/30/03 12:51 AM
N
Nate S Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
everytime they drive it out to the parking lot, the put the A/C on full blast and roll down all of the windows. apparently someone forgot to roll them back up.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#731894 08/30/03 01:14 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I still just don't understand why they would have to do that....I dont feel they have the right to do that just to put in the parking lot

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard