Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#731257 08/26/03 04:11 AM
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
today my AC started turning on when my car was of. When i turn of the car and dont lock the doors, the AC turns on. When i lock it the ac turns off. But earlier today it was doing the oposite. it was turning on when i locked the doors. The alarm on the car has been actin up lately and i think thats what is causing it. Any ideas/ help?

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You mean the fan ???

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
no i mean the ac.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
What are you calling "AC"?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
Air conditioning man, cold air coming out of the vents inside the car.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the A/C can't run with the car off. Doesn't the serp. belt power the A/C. I think the fan may be coming on and blowing any cold air that is left over out of the vents. Sounds like an electrical problem.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yeah, I think he must be talking about just the blower fan.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
no i mean AC. it blows so cold that i get moisture on the vents and around that area. i dont know maybe the fan is really good.

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by lsneo:
no i mean AC. it blows so cold that i get moisture on the vents and around that area. i dont know maybe the fan is really good.

Sorry but that would be impossible. You may be getting cold air out of the vents but it's just whatever cold is left in the a/c unit. And it won't be cold long, since the engine must turn the compressor to cycle the refrigerant through the a/c unit to remove heat from the air passing over the cooling coils to de-heat (a/c doesn't really make air cold, it removes the heat, it's basically the same thing since it cools the air after it removes the warmth) the air coming out the vents. But without the coolant flowing through the unit, all you'll get is some cold air for a while, a couple minutes at the most, until the a/c gets warm from the ambient air it's drawing in, or from the air inside the car if 'max a/c' is on. So what you're feeling is the heater fan blowing cold air past the cooled a/c unit, not the a/c actually running, since the engine powers it.

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
thing is that i never turn on my ac.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard