I finally found a solution to my sunroof motor problem (I think). Any ways, once I get the plastic piece that covers the gears I should be ready to put it back in the car, but there is one small issue. There are two gears in the motor assembly and one of them pulls out quite easily and I think it has to be alligne correctly in order for the sunroof to shut and open correctly. Let me try to explain this a little better........this is the gear with a red colored base and if you take it out and look at the bottom of it, there is a little pin-wheel looking device on it that must have something to do with tell the motor when the sunroof is open or closed. The pin-wheel (or whatever it is) is not centered and is closer to one side of the gear than the other. This is normal, but I need to know where to postion this gear so that the sunroof motor will open/close correctly. Right now, my sunroof is in the closed position. Does anyone know how to position this gear so that my sunroof will open/close correctly?

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for