Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
ok, im driving the other day and every few seconds i hear a click, kinda like a squeeky noise that a belt or something, but its a very quick noise. i noticed it seems like my a/c compressor just keep going on/off every few seconds...... WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
A/C compressor cyling on/off at short intervals usually a sign that pressure is under req'd level and you need a recharge of refrigerant (along with a leak check).

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
thanks, that sounds like a very good answer. my car is 6 years old and never had the A/C recharged. Glad its the end of summer, I dont feel like spending anymore money lol.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
ok, im driving the other day and every few seconds i hear a click, kinda like a squeeky noise that a belt or something, but its a very quick noise. i noticed it seems like my a/c compressor just keep going on/off every few seconds...... WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

I Get this noise all the dang time with my Mercury Mystique 1998 2.0L 4L Zetec-VCT. The worst time is at Idle or during a tip in. I've got a few codes P1830 & P1831. I'm putting in a new Value Cover Seal because there is oil leaking into the center chamber around the spark plugs. The VCT senser on top of the engine is driving me crazy. I could only see this leak with the black cover off and pulling out the plug wires. Much to say I'm starting to get a little pissed off with this car. I'm thinking really hard about taking my losses and pay the extra money to trade her in for a Van. The resell value is the worst I've ever seen!!!!

All the same, the engine vibrates ruff at idle and even still there is not a sqeek until my foot holds the brake and she is in gear.

I tried adding some R134a + oil and set the pressure at 64PSI which I think is really to high. All the same the noise is still there and I've replaced a lot of parts.

So before I lose all of my money and winter is coming soon. That means I don't need the AC as much and maybe I could get my Tax return done early and buy another car.

Sure these are not the words you want to hear.
I'm pretty good at fixing things and even tough I'm not a Ford expert repair man I can tell you the electrical problems in this car reminds me of my old 82 Ford Mustang after 15 years. Hmmmm.. 98 vs 83.. kind of stinks don't it?

You can buy one of those cans at an Auto shop that has the PSI tester + R345A/Oil for pretty cheap. Use this on the low side of the AC unit. That is the side that is cold and not hot. The side near the Battery, not the side near the belts and Anti-Freeze.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard