Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ok I"m in for $150 so lets go

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
whats the performance gain of lighter /underdriven pullies?

this is a serious question.. im not being sarcastic.

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q

This is a qoute from another post, this is all thanks to DemonSVT:

Most likely this pulley will underdrive the alt by 14-20% tops (500-700rpm at 3500)

Also in order to be pulling 140amps from the alternator you would need every electrical component working at the same time. Likely more! They oversize the alternator as to NOT ever task it at 100%. Also most alternators actually have an output over their rated amount.

I personally have sold a Worldwide alternator for a 98 Duratec that spec'd at 156amps at 4300rpm (rated at 135amps) I've seen some 120's tested as high as 160. Worldwide ships a test spec sheet (amps from 0-7000rpm) with every alternator they remanufacture.

The huge factor to think about is with the UDP at 6000 crank rpm the alternator is spinning at 4800-5200rpm (depending on %) and 7k @ 5600-5900rpm. That's a major factor in longevity to not overspeed the alternator. I searched for a UDP for the alt for this reason alone. Depending on the size of the one being made by this shop I may??? get another one if it's smaller. I think it's that big a deal. (plus if I do go this route I can resell the alt pulley I have to a Mustang buddy )

I smoked a couple alternators on my Conquest before I hunted down both a better alternator and a larger pulley. (7500+ rpm intercooled turbo) I knew the rev happy Duratec would not be easy on the alternator.

Take everything said here and magnify it 3 fold about the P/S pump. High rpms = frothed & burned fluid = possible failed pump/rack/etc. Not to mention you DO get a nice perfromance gain by slowing down this hydraulic pump! (I.E. parasitic drag machine) Mobil 1 ATF a major plus!

And there is plenty more here, If yu have not noticed I have been doing my homework on these, And I feel these are a great Idea.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=perf&Number=75483&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1

-Jeff-

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Im interested in a set for $150 shipped. "HELL YEAH" Wut colors do you have? There better be red!!! Oh yeah wut about the performance underdrive belts,where can you get them or can you?

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i just went back re-read those posts from teh first group buy...some great info passed along curtesy of demonsvt...

i bought my pullies (got red instead of blue) to go with the dreams of the 3.0 i was going to aquire and build up last yr/beginning of this yr...

excellent quality and craftsmanship on the p/s and alternator pullies....never had them installed but they impressed friend who thought the contour had no love in the aftermarket and many offers to help me install them from non contour guys

and they look just as good today sitting in the shipping box in my trunk

i may be selling my se soon so my pullies from the first buy will be for sale if they dont go with the car...however, so as not to undercut nima after all the great work he did for these i will sale them at the same price he's selling his for, they are new and never used....and like i said i dont want to take anything away from his efforts

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Can they be bought separately? I'm interested in the p/s pulley.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey guys,

I still haven't gotten a reply for the prices but I was told if its around 15 sets the price will be the same as the GB before. But there is one thing the exchange rate back then was 1.52 and it now is 1.39 so it makes a bit of a difference.
The corrected price with the exchange rate would be $165.

The price for 10 sets would be a bit more but I will do my best to get the same price.

I will also do my best to get a variety of colors but if that doesnt work out we would just have to go with 1 color.

Let me know if your interested,
The price includes shipping via express post as before.

Thanks
Nima

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Nima,

Still very much interested.

eric

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Count me in for one set on this group buy. Color choice is irrelevant to me.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard