Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by mmarfan:
Oh man that sucks bad! Mabee you get that scratch fixed on the front fender I know that's gotta kill you cuz you took serious care of that thing keeping it clean and everything. I know the Cincy boys will miss ya if it is totaled.

He can still show up at the meets in his new Honda & cheer on the Contiques!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 2G Sport:
I still plan on attending meets, even if I get a tricked out yellow Paseo...LOL

THAT hurts.

The insurance company will DEFINATELY try to lowball you. They will likely try to fix the car & get it done on the cheap. It is a fairly new car. Keep in contact with your attorney and ask him about your options - especially concerning where the car gets fixed.

If they do try to fix it, ask your favorite Ford dealer where they send their collision damaged cars for repair. Get the insurance company to obtain a quote there. You'll be more likely to get somebody with Contique experience working on your car. That'll be especially critical considering the rear suspension is way outa whack (note right rear tire toe'd in at the rear - Yikes!).

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Update:

Rental car is to be picked up at 4. Still haven't spoke to adjuster, but their(Dry Clean company) insurance company gave me the go ahead to get a rental car. I have my choice of a Malibu, Grand Am, or Stratus...

As for the body shop, I chose to go with 3C Bodyshop here in Columbus. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

3C Bodyshop

They told me to ask the adjuster when he wants to look at the car. If it is not within a few days tell him that you will have it towed to their(3C) shop so that they can prepare to do a teardown + estimate to determine if car is worth fixing(he said adjuster makes the final call though). He said the shop gives the adjuster 24 hours to come look at it before they charge the insurance company for storage. He said that usually gets them motivated. The guy I spoke with was real cool and said to call him with any questions about the process. I'm actually starting to feel better about it.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Dude, 3C is great. If the car is repairable, they will do it right (even if it costs the insurance company more ).

On the rental...don't get a 2 door GrandAM, they have a 1-star side impact rating!

It's good to hear everything is getting straightened out. If the car is totaled, we should have a "shop for Nick's next car" meet!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Grrrr!!!! Can't I get a little service? Adjuster unreachable all day long, I was left sitting at the rental car counter at 4PM because he could not be reached! There is no way I am paying for rental myself and getting reimbursed who knows when...how long should I give the adjuster before I complain? I need a car to drive!

I am going to file a complaint with the NHTSA by phone tomorrow about the front seats. Not sure if it is normal for the seats to recline and break like they did...what if I had passengers or even *gulp* my child in the back seat? As for my wife's seat belt...I am going to wait until the shop takes a look at it.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Dude, I'm driving a 2004 Malibu Classic rental right now. They're making a brand new Malibu for sale to the public, but they're still making the old one for rental companies and calling it the Classic. Cheesy, huh? But it really is a good car, suprising amount of torque from the 2.2 Ecotec. NO horsepower, though. Driving up and down the hills on I-40 between K-town and N-town trying to do 90 it wanted to stay in third and not overdrive. Driving back to K-town today to get my baby back... good luck with the 'tour, dude

Later

Jed

MrRoarke865 '98 Silver Frost E0 '02 Honda Shadow ACE 750 MrsRoarke865 '97 Mystique 2.5 ATX
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
That sucks Jed! When I wrecked my car the first time, we got a brand new Focus sedan for a rental. IIRC, it had 300 miles on it. I wasn't old enough to drive it, so my dad took it to and from work; which is in Mississippi. He put 3,500 miles on it in 4 weeks. He brought it back unwashed, but with the correct amount of fuel. Insurance covered the $1200 bill. Muwwhahahaha!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Finally! I have a blue-gray Dodge Stratus...yuk! It stinks inside but does have power windows and door locks(no remote though) Where did these people learn how to clean a car?

Jeez, I think I actually put a key in the driver door lock a total of 4 times in the 4 years I owned the tour.

Adjuster still hasn't come out to look at the car. After describing the damage over the phone he says it sounds like a total loss...so what to buy now?

What can I do to make sure that I am getting a fair deal on the car if it is a total loss? I'm not sure how he determines the value. I have read that you should get retail plus tax. Is that correct? I have a ton of pics to show how I cared for this car, and people who will attest to my obsession. HELP!

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
How many miles were on your car? Check out KBB.com and NADA.com for retail values, and print out several similar high priced 2G Tours off of autotrader.com to prove value...

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
2000 Ford Contour SE Sport ATX
64,200 miles
Clean/Good condition(IMO Excellent for 64K inside and out)

KBB: $9280
Edmunds.com: $6458 outstanding, $6106 clean
NADA.com: $7450

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard