Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I think my car is totaled. My wife and I were in an accident at 1:15PM today. We were rear ended while waiting for a woman to turn left by a man driving a Ford van doing at least 40-50MPH++(maybe more) who wasn't paying attention...I had a disposable camera in the glovebox(for just such an occasion) so pictures are coming soon. At this point I think we are going to be OK, but who knows...my wife is 16 weeks pregnant but the hospital says the baby is fine. We were both wearing seat belts(my wife said hers "popped off". Here is what happened:

Cooke Road between Indianola and High St. has a series of hills that are very steep(there is even a sign with a truck on on incline, not sure of the actual angle and all). You can pick up a lot of speed going down those hills! I was at the bottom waiting for a woman in a 99 Taurus to turn left onto a side street. All the sudden I hear the car being hit, my glasses flew off my face. Next thing I know I'm looking at the roof. We never jerked forward at all, our seats went all the way back and broke!. Even though we were plowed into the Taurus the airbags didn't go off. I put the car in park and my wife and I jumped out. The car was smoking in the front, there was fluid near the back of the car so I got some on my finger and smelled it...it was coolant. We had been pushed about 10-15 feet forward. I looked into the car to check the damage...both front seats broke, my Pioneer faceplate had came off and landed in the console under the armrest !!!!! The faceplate case that was sitting next to the e-brake was now laying on the dash against the windshield! The brackets on the 60/40 split were bent(prolly because of my box, which was pushed forward and wedged between the child belt metal in the trunk. I pulled all the audio stuff out except for the box. As for the exterior...front plate bent, front bumper messed up a little, headlights and hood are fine, car was drivable enough to pull it off of main road but the coolant light was on . Trunk lid came up and will not shut(arms and lid bent), spoiler came detached on one side and is laying in the middle of the backglass, rear reflector broken, taillights broken, rear bumper is dented in and scratched(I can now see my muffler). I am still in shock!!!

The guy vomited on himself after being hit with the airbag in his van. There isn't a lot of damage to his vehicle though(steel bumper). He works for a dry cleaning company and it was the company van. The cleaners insurance said they faxed the info to an adjuster and they will contact me withing 24-48 hours, or even Monday... I am not paying out of pocket for a rental(chasing reimbursement) so I am driving my Mom's car until I speak to the adjuster. The damamge is bad IMO, but I have seen them fix a lot worse. I'll keep you guys posted.

If the car is totaled, I'm sorry to say it will be my first and last Contour(has nothing to do with the accident). I hope it is totaIed because it just wouldn't be the same. I do plan on sticking around here though. I may get a small SUV(like the Escape) because I have wanted one for a while. Not sure if I'll part the Contour out or not, depends on what they say. Anyways I wanted to let you guys know, like I said pics will be coming soon.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Damn! Hope it all works out for you.

Glad you and your wife (and child) seem to be okay health wise.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Holy [censored] dude...It's good to hear everybody is ok (especially the baby)! This makes me really sad, knowing how much love you put into keeping the car so nice. If you need anything, definately lemme know!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OHHHH MAN, I will be praying for you & your family. I hope everything will be okay with the baby. I know one thing I always worry about is getting hit with the baby in the car. I know with my Tour though everything should pretty much be ok, but you never know.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Glad to hear you and the wife are ok. Hope everything works out for you.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Sorry about the quality, I took a picture of the original 35mm photos with my digital.

Notice the faceplate in the console!

Like I said...I have seen them fix worse, so...

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Are you the first owner of your car? Just wondering if the airbags may have been deployed before and never replaced.

I would be expressing my concerns to Ford about the airbags and seats.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Damn! Hope it all works out for you.

Glad you and your wife (and child) seem to be okay health wise.

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Sorry to hear about this. I hope everyone is going to be OK (you guys will probably be sore today ). Columbus drivers really suck! No matter what happens, though, you should still keep coming to the meets!

2000 SVT Black #1400 of 2150 2020 miles as of 6-25-2006
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Oh man that sucks bad! Mabee you get that scratch fixed on the front fender I know that's gotta kill you cuz you took serious care of that thing keeping it clean and everything. I know the Cincy boys will miss ya if it is totaled.

Mazda 6S, V6, Speed Yellow 5 Speed, Sport package Bose audio Painted 'stash and HIDs! w/Injen 1/4 14.750 @ 94.94 Former car: 99 Contour SE Sport Black MTX V6 SVT plastic... 1/4 - 15.012 @ 90.58
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard