Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The stock clutch releases really high... makes shifting a fast affair if you can get your timing down.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
The stock clutch releases really high... makes shifting a fast affair if you can get your timing down.

I also have it release high with a stock clutch. I am almost perfect with tapping the clutch peda to shift when running down the track. Once every blue moon I'll grind though.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
What I did to get the shifter in my 2000.

1. Take the top all apart after getting it on ramps or if you jack it doesn't matter.

2. Remove heat shield above exhaust I think there are 6 bolt things holding it on.

3. You will see where the shifter is. It has foam on the bottom. Scrape off foam. I then stuck a box knife through it from the bottom to see where I am and needed to cut. I then used a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut out a 3 to 4" by 2.5 to 3" hole.

4. Next you can assemble the shifter and make sure it doesn't hit the bottom floor of the tower where you cut out. I would leave the center console off till you are finished with the bottom half.

5. This step can be up to you I made a piece of plastic to go over the hole. I plan on getting some foam later to go on before the plastic. I don't think much water would get up where it is anyway but just in case.

6. Put the heat shield back on and finish reassembling the shifter and console.

7. Have fun shifting half the throw!

You may be able to cut it out from the top but it will probably be more difficult. Good luck!

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
If I could get list started.

Who has shifter plates that they need to sale.

I am trying to make sure that we have all of them sold for you guys.

Twiztour - I think that I have yours sold.

Who else.

Also, who is still having problems getting theirs in?

Thanks,

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by myfastse:

Who else.

Thanks,

Eric

I have a 2000 CSVT and have not attempted the install yet I was waiting for a solid install...I want it right not jerry rigged If I understand correctly I don't need or will not need the plate for my install so I guess I have a plate for sale as well

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by scottd60:
Originally posted by myfastse:

Who else.

Thanks,

Eric

I have a 2000 CSVT and have not attempted the install yet I was waiting for a solid install...I want it right not jerry rigged If I understand correctly I don't need or will not need the plate for my install so I guess I have a plate for sale as well

Scott

I believe the install listed above will be the best way to do it. I do not consider that a " Jerry riggied " install either. If you would like to contine to wait we are still trying to find a solution that either me or Ray has seen with our own eyes. Don't worry. I still don't have my shifter yet. It's on it's way. Thanks for being patient.

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Perhaps these images would help for us 2000 owners.

Do we cut the hole in item 16?

The heatshield from underneath the car.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
thats the shifter that i have in my 98.5 that i did all the testing on,if thats the shifter you have, the plate will fit. im trying to get a password to log onto the ford computer and get some images of the newer style shifter assy but that is a good reference for the view of the lower section.

Last edited by RayL5480; 09/16/03 10:36 PM.

(2)1994 mustang GTs 2001 gt convertible loaded.www.haywoodspeed.com
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
I took my shifter boot off when people started reporting the issue with the 2000 models. My shifter looked like the one that TommySVT posted earlier. Didn't really examine it well though. Were the metal shifter assemblies also painted black? Perhaps I should check again.

Those pictures were taken from the 2000 Ford Service Manual - the same pictures are used for Contiques and Cougars. So the picture above is of the metal tower?Weird.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Fern:
I took my shifter boot off when people started reporting the issue with the 2000 models. My shifter looked like the one that TommySVT posted earlier. Didn't really examine it well though. Were the metal shifter assemblies also painted black? Perhaps I should check again.

Those pictures were taken from the 2000 Ford Service Manual - the same pictures are used for Contiques and Cougars. So the picture above is of the metal tower?Weird.

Yeah, that exploded diagram is the older metal style and I'm amazed that it is from a 2000 manual.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard