Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Nickyd1298SVT:
Got mine today and just finished putting it in. But what is the dark piece with the 2 holes and the curved piece for.And my reverse lock out doesnt work either, I dont have to pull up anymore.

That is a spring assist thingie. It's supposed to work with the coil spring. You can leave it off as well as the coil spring you had to remove. I left my coil spring off and I can't even tell.

And for the grease, you will need about 1/2 to 2/3 of the tube. I covered the main ball as well as both little nubs wth a small smount.

As for the lock out not working: did you put back that metal pyramid piece that was attach to the bolt that is closest to the passenger rear of the car? If so, then the reverse lockout should work.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
S
S
I also missed the group buy, but am interested in a shifter and plate, and would be more than willing to take one off the hands of a 2000 owner who can't use it. Email me at jpeck@mn.rr.com if you have a shifter and plate to sell.

Jon Peck
'99 Contour SE(VT) Sport MTX
'93 Cobra SVT #2040

Jon Peck '99 Contour SE(VT) Sport MTX '93 Cobra SVT #2040
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Just tried to install mine, and mine looks just like the pictures posted Now what do we do? I want this thing in my car Use the force...Ray

Rod

-2000 SVT-Silver Frost/Midnight Blue #1,382 of 2,150 Born on 01-07-2000 It's got stuff -2003 Lincoln Navigator-Ultimate Silver/Midnight Blue -1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500-custom paint,CHROME
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
got mine today, will install on the weekend, how do we take this thing apart?? Do we follow those Focus instructions or is there a how-to posted? If there is, call me a fool and let me know what page it's on. . .or something.

Thanks Ray! I'm a '98csvt so I should be ok, if not, I'll sell it to one of y'all. . .GB lurkers. . .

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
For you guys with a 2000. I have a buyer for one of the plates here in San diego. Let me know who wants to sale theirs. We are still working on a remedy to the problem. Thank you for being patient.

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
got mine today, will install on the weekend, how do we take this thing apart?? Do we follow those Focus instructions or is there a how-to posted? If there is, call me a fool and let me know what page it's on. . .or something.

Thanks Ray! I'm a '98csvt so I should be ok, if not, I'll sell it to one of y'all. . .GB lurkers. . .

Just follow the Focus instructions. Removing the console helps dramatically. It's super easy to remove: pop the shifter cover off with a flat blade, slide both front seats fully forward and then jump in the back seat with a phillips head screwdriver. On both sides of the console towards the back are 2 screws that need to come out. Push one of the front seats back and pop the 2 snap ins that are under the front piece near the cupholders. You can easily see them in the pics posted above. Then lift and tilt the console towards the front and finagle the emergency boot cover forward and off the handle. It's very similar to removing a condom when your wang is still hard. Think baseball and it'll eventually slide off.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by TommySVT:
It's very similar to removing a condom when your wang is still hard. Think baseball and it'll eventually slide off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by csc99svt:
Originally posted by TommySVT:
It's very similar to removing a condom when your wang is still hard. Think baseball and it'll eventually slide off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Hey Ray and all the 2000 people that were wondering, I dug up Y2KSVT's old post where he said what he had to do to get the Steeda to fit...

Quote:

Well it all depends on what style of shifter tower you have if you need a riser plate. I want to take a look at the 98 style because it is different than my 2000. I have the Steeda in my car and it is not raised at all. I just took the exhaust heat shield down, took the whole shift assembly off and made a plate to go under the car and took the floor off the stock assembly. It's hard to explain but you just take off the plastic floor piece and put the shift assembly back on, then go up from under the car and screw the new plate on so the shifter has clearance.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
what there an actual how to posted at some point by anyone, not necessarily in this thread. i'll be installing over the weekend and likely needing some instructions to follow or a howto. put the pin in, dont put the pin in......yadda yadda yadda

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard