Print Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
OK, who else has thiers installed? I got mine installed in under an hour. Took it for a test drive and holy crap are those shifts a lot shorter.. especially 1-2.

Glad to hear everything went well and you like it. Just think, you have yours installed and I still don't have a tracking number. LOL just fu@kin with you Ray. I'll call you tonight about the gauge cluster.

Later,

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I left the centering spring at first because I thought it was fine... but couldn't get into 1st and 2nd very well.. and that was the problem so I took it off now. Only took like 15 minutes.

Last edited by SVT Barge; 09/10/03 10:51 PM.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
welp,now were starting to hit the snags.so it does look like there are some differences in the model years,we have one 00' model that works and one that i know of that is totaly different,so im trying to figure a way to eleviate this problem,if anyone has any ideas,please feel free to jump in.Ray

(2)1994 mustang GTs 2001 gt convertible loaded.www.haywoodspeed.com
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Anyone with a 2000 done this install yet? Or ever done a tri-ax install.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
I'm hoping to have mine done tonight barring any problems.
I already have the boot off and I'm not going to install the centering spring so I'm going to try to do it without removing the console.

Does anyone have any tips? Ray, what problems did that one 2000 run into?

George Hodge New: Volvo S60R Old:2000 SVT Silver Frost 1188/2150 DMD, 75mm Pro-M, HPP rear strut tower bar Aussie 24mm sway bar (with boxed in subframe) BAT European Handling Kit, Brullen Y-pipe Performance Ford spherical bearing end links
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well tried installing tonight with no luck. The shifter tower in my 2000 is all plastic. I am contemplating a plan of attack to get it to work. If I can figure out a way to raise the lever that pics location (1st 2nd and 3rd 4th and 5th reverse) then I should be able to machine some other parts to raise the rest up. I could also cut out the bottom of it but then I have a gaping hole into the bottom of my car. I am sure a lot of noise would come up that way. If it doesn't work I hope Ray will take a return? Or I will have to just stick it on the wifes car. I do have some pictures, if someone wants to put them up some where I can email them.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I've got the same issue with the plastic tower. There is a guy on here who has done it before with some modding but apparently we don't need the 10mm plate.

We will need to lift it a different way the guy who did it is Y2KSVT

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I installed mine tonite. The only snags I had were from my stupidity ( like not putting the pin in until I had the new shifter bolted down AND half-hazardly screwing my Cougar knob on and not noticing I didn't have the threads lined up properly until I screwed it halfway on). I kept the ecntering spring out. It centers itself without it.

I have to admit, it snick-snicks nicely. My only gripe ( and this is a real small one), is that I have to reach a little to stick it in 5th. I'm super tall (6'7") so I have the seat all the way back and reclined for the cugine lean a little, LOL. I'll adapt soon enough. Other than that, I'm really happy with it.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by svtavino:
Well tried installing tonight with no luck. The shifter tower in my 2000 is all plastic. I am contemplating a plan of attack to get it to work. If I can figure out a way to raise the lever that pics location (1st 2nd and 3rd 4th and 5th reverse) then I should be able to machine some other parts to raise the rest up. I could also cut out the bottom of it but then I have a gaping hole into the bottom of my car. I am sure a lot of noise would come up that way. If it doesn't work I hope Ray will take a return? Or I will have to just stick it on the wifes car. I do have some pictures, if someone wants to put them up some where I can email them.

If you want, e-mail them to yostix@verizon.net and I'll gladly host them for you.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The 2000's will all look like this from what I am told..

Pic1

Pic2

Well the plate would work for the pre 2000's because they have a different Shifter Base and its not plastic like ours. On ours someone has installed it but.. I'm not sure how and Ray is working on it ATM.
The 2000 guys can't use the 10mm plate however.

Thanks

Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard