Print Thread
#719275 08/13/03 05:23 AM
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I did a search for hesitate and found that a lot of people have had issues with their cars hesitating at 3000 rpms or so, i have a similar problem, it feels like my car is bucking, but only between 60-70 km/hr with my rpm in and arround 1500 if not lower. recently i changed the plug (ford factory) the fuel filter (fram) and the camshaft position sensor (due to the CEL), plus a crap load of warranty work (the last time i can go to that well as it just expired) and have blown about $300 this week, so money is really tight V.A. tight if you catch my drift.
The last time i had this problem, about 6 months ago new plugs & wires were the answer, at the time i went for NGK platinums, and ive since discovered not the smartest thing.

the fuel pump was replaced by ford about 30,000 km ago or so im gonna double check. i have a K&N air filter.

im looking for some solutions starting with the most inexpensive and im just gonna have to plug away at each one and hopefully solve my problem.

i wouldn't resort to this if i had extra coin, so please dont get mad, i did atempt a seach first.

99 V6 SE 153,000 km

Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
i just found this in another post

I've seen several cases where a car misfires at low RPMs but revs o.k. at higher rpms...hey, any chance you have oil or water contamination in your spark plug hole passages? I've seen valve cover gaskets seep oil there and it accumulates at the plug boots and can cause a misfire. Have a look.

if i have this problem, what would i look for, and how could i fix it?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Quote:

I've seen valve cover gaskets seep oil there and it accumulates at the plug boots and can cause a misfire. Have a look.

Pull each plug wire and see if it's coated with oil. If one or more of them are, you probably have a leaking gasket on the cam cover. While your at it, you may want to pull each plug and see if they are all have a grayish tan cast or if any are different from the rest. Check and reset the gap if needed. (Maybe .054 IIRC ??) I'm not sure if you've checked your secondaries but they should open around 3800 RPM and be closed otherwise. Does the problem occur when the gas tank is full?

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
Z
ZER0 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
the plugs seem fine, and this happens at full, 3/4, 1/2 it doesn't really seem to matter

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard