Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Is your girlfriend ok? Hope everything works out. Good luck.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
Her car insurance will cover that. I would advise you speak to a lawyer for advice. I think the first meeting is free. Plus if you have to sue the lawyers money comes from the settlement. DO NOT call someone from the tv. Ask around people you know are bound to know someone.

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
The car has insurance on it. The Girl's roomate will suffer the consequences of loaning her car out and her insurance will pay everything.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
sorry man,
I hate houston for that. . .i've gotten into 3 accidents since I've moved here, had a perfect record and no problems before . . .and 2 accidents were uninsured, mexican migrant workers with no license, so I had NO recourse. . .I just don't care anymore. . .as for your gf, I say SUE the living hell out of the person.

usually uninsured motorist coverage (like $80 every 6 months or more??) covers her damage. . .she had a new car?? What type??

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yay MI no fault!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
it was an 03 cavalier, as far as her injuries, its sprained shoulder, sprained hip and whipp lash on her neck. Her insurance company says that they wont take any action until she pays a $500 deductible. As for the other driver, she hasnt made the insurance claim yet and i think she is trying to get out of it. We called her insurance and they said that they didnt have anyone under that policy #, also for my girlfriend to get money for her injuries and hospital bills she has to go to therapy. Her insurance company says that they might total the car. I think that her insurance is trying to run around this, also this one chick at work says that the other girls insurance has to pay for my girlfriend to get a rental car since she works about 20+ miles from home and needs to commute. Also since my girlfriends damage is on the front drivers side fender and the other car is damaged on the passengers rear fender just over the tire, woulnt the insance rule as my girlfriends fault even thought she was cut off and tried to avoid the accident. Also since the other girl did a U-turn and didnt yield and went accross 2 lanes all at the same time, isnt it her fault. Keep in mind that my girls car went on its right 2 wheels and the car stopped not even 50 ft from the intersection. Who do u guys think is at fault?

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Get an attourney FAST!!!! The insurance company is trying to rape your G/F. Don't sign anything!!! They should be paying all the bills after the first $500, not refusing to pay until she ponies up the deductable.

I hate crap like this. If they total the Cavalier, they won't be doing her a favor - in spite of the fact that its a crappy car. They'll pay trade-in or wholesale for the car, not what she owes. That means she'll be responsible for a couple of grand difference - unless she got "Gap insurance". Gap insurance will cover the difference.

By the way, don't tell her this stuff yet. It'll just upset her. Let her know that she has GOT to get a lawyer!! The insurance company will ruin her credit and whatever else they can if she lets them.

NOW IS THE TIME TO FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
The sticker on the car was about 14 k, but she got it for about half price because of the coupons that chevy had and some dealing on her side. Will the insurance quote the car from the sticker or from what she paid?

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
The insurance company should value the car on its depreciated value, not the amount paid or outstanding. Some insurance policies also have a "waiver of depreciation" which values the car at "replacement cost" for the first few years, obviously on new cars only.

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Well, it doesn't matter where the car was hit really. The girl cut her off and hit the front of her car with the rear of hers. What is the other girl saying? Did she tell the police what she did? If so, it's open and shut.
Now, if the girl isn't copping to causing it, then it's going to be a fight, because the girl could say your girl hit her as well, which is bullsh*t. If they ask where the other girl was going, then with a road diagram, they can prove who was at fault.
But GET A DAMN ATTORNEY. My mom even asked if you had one. She said to get one NOW. A good lawyer won't ask for any money upfront. They will wait until the case is settled.
Good luck, hope your girl is doing better this morning.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard