Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#717471 08/11/03 01:29 PM
L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
well last night i got a call from my girl friend. She was going down the feeder in the middle lane when a car that was making the u-turn under the freeway hit her. The girl said that she came out of the without yielding or looking because she said that she didnt see anything. As she came out of the u-turn she didnt stay in her lane but continued to move all the way accross to the right side of the feeder. Well she came out so fast that she got into the middle lane so fast that my girl friend slammed on her brakes and swerved to the right but she still got hit. The damage on the car is on the front fender, the control arms are bent, new fender is needed, new bumper, trans axle got riped out of the tranny. The cops said that they woulnt tell who is at fault that they insurance company would have to battle it out. Worst of all, the driver of the other car has no insurance, expired drivers license and it wasnt her car. The car does have insurace but im not too sure that she is going to be covered. My girlfriend has full-coverage, but the car is only 10 days old and she was in the hospital from having pains on her neck. Question is what know? should she take the girl to court for the medical bills, and what do you guys think the verdict of the insurance fight should be.

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Is it illegal to drive without insurance in your state?
Did you get uninsured insurance? (yes, there's such a thing)
Who has the right of way?

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Since you gf has full coverage (and assuming that it was the other drivers fault) with that she should have Uninsured Motorist coverage. It is designed just for situations like you gf is in now. I believe if she had uninsured motorist coverage that her insurance company will take care of her and her car thent hey will go after the other driver to try and recoup their money. I'm no insurance agent and I've never been in this situation but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Isneo, when I read this, I knew exactly who to go to. My mom is a personal injury paralegal, been doing it for years. She deals with this exact stuff every day, so I am pasting the PM for you about what she said. I hope this helps you.

Mom: well the main thing is there is no insurance on the part of the other car.
renee29404: yeah, that's going to be a problem, I know
Mom: so if you friend has UM coverage, it will cover her as if the other car had insurance. If your friend doesn't have UM coverage, then she's screwed as far as a settlement. But her comp/collision coverage will still cover her property damage.

There you go. Basically, when the other person has no insurance, no lawyer will take a suit against them because there's no way to claim. Good Luck.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
Originally posted by MrsFurby72:
There you go. Basically, when the other person has no insurance, no lawyer will take a suit against them because there's no way to claim. Good Luck.

Thatâ??s not true in Texas. I had an uninsured motorist hit me in Houston and I got a lawyer and I actually got a settlement from my insurance company because they bought the right to sue the guy from me. I thought that was a good move on my part considering he was in jail at the time for a 2nd DUI. BTW- I did have uninsured motorist coverage.

Time to call The TEXAS HAMMER!

Hope your girlfriend is feeling better. Good Luck!

Suck it Trebek! And by Trebek I mean Seaegee!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wow, you got a good insurance company then. Good for you.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
It was StateFarm. Funny thing was years later I got settlement checks because they got caught screwing their customers. I had no clue they were coming.

It was like hmmm... whats this... free money day! Yippee! They kept coming every few months. It was awesome!

L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
um coverage??? what is that i dont know what it is, ill ask her if she has it.

i forgot to put in that the other car does have insurance but that car wasnt hers, it was her roomates.

?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
?
uninsured motorist

L
lsneo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
L
what about body injury, where does she go to get compensated for her hospital bills.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard