Next Thread
Print Thread
#715060 08/08/03 04:39 AM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N
ok where do i start. Have all sorts of problems with m 95 se. I didan oasis report to find that the wire harness recall is still open on my car. Al lmy wires are bad so why not?

I make an appointment at a local dealership becasue i heard that they are pretty good. I take the car there and drop it off. The have the car for almost 2 weeks.

One saturday i stoped by to get something out of my car and what do i freaking see..... my car on lift lift and the svt side skirts all the way up onto the door and crushed.

That Monday, I call the service manager and tell him what i saw and that i wasn't happy. He said he would take care of it. They were suppose to get my car done by that following friday. They didn't so they offered me a rental. I said ok . The car was gonna be ready by wednesday.

After they finsihed the recall service. The took it to the body shop to fix the skirts iwas like fine. Wednesday night i get there to pick it up and guess what. My drivers side skirt is ripped and the paint chipped near the door because it was pushed all the way up and they closed the door on it. Also it was probaly so bent that they couldn't straighten it so guess what? They thumb tacked it to the car.

So now its no so good that i can't even remove it or move it around. I tell him i didn't bring the car in like this and he said he would call me back the next day. He (the service mangaer) was gonna call the body shop to find out what they did. OK fine

I call him back up becasue he forgot to call me and guess what he tells me....ohh the body shop says that blk stuff was on there already. They didn't do that. I was like what????

I certainly would never do that cuz when i take the car to my mechainc i remove the skirts becasue it doesn't fit on his lift. I called him today and told him the service manager look the i didn't bring the car in like that so i want it the way i brought it in. He agrees and tells me to bring it next week.

On top of damaging my side skirts. The temp gauge doens't work . My indiglo gauges doesn't light up. My radio doesn't turn on. They cracked the headlight bulb inside the head light. How they hell do you do that? I told the service manager about all this too. He told me they didn;t touch any wires inside but wheni bought the car in ......all this stuff worked.

Any suggestions or comments on what to do? i don't wanna bring it back and do they doa hack job on the skirts again. Also it seems like they don't wanna claim responsiblity for the radio not turning on like its not there fault? please help or adivse on what to do? I wanna bve mature about this but doesn't seem like thats gonna work. Do i need to be an A hole?

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
#715061 08/08/03 04:44 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
contact the district manager of all the ford stealerships in your area and talk to him

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

#715062 08/08/03 05:21 AM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Welcome to Ford Service department where our motto is: If it's not done right the first time it probably never will be.

You're not the only one who's had problems with Ford's pathetic service departments but that is one of the worst stories I've heard yet. You should post the dealership name so ppl on here in your area know not to take their car there. Also, check out this thread to see problems others have had.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=368393&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#715063 08/08/03 07:19 AM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Sometimes, the only way to get things done is to be a *******.

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
#715064 08/08/03 02:18 PM
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by Kasey Chang:
Sometimes, the only way to get things done is to be a *******.

I agree, but be a polite *******. The more you scream and yell and cuss, the less responsive people will be. Talk calmly but firmly; don't back down from your position, and don't let them convince you otherwise. State your demands clearly and be persistant.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
#715065 08/08/03 04:03 PM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Its time to sue some biotches. I'd be so damn pissed. Oh man he would catch hell on top of more hell!

I say sue... but hey what do I know. I know if my car was given back to me in worse shape then it already was and they tried to point the finger at ME.... oh yea... They'd pay... this thread makes me PISSED and it isn't even my car!!!

I'll give it to you man... you definately seem more calm than me and its your car... man I'll have to give you props for that...

fuhckin ford....

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?
#715066 08/08/03 04:05 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by :

I'll give it to you man... you definately seem more calm than me and its your car... man I'll have to give you props for that...

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Contact your local TV station and/or newspaper & ask if they have a consumer advocate.

Nothin' talks like a pointed camera or barrel of ink. Get the press involved all you can, give them every piece of info & copies of documentation that you can. Pictures before/after will help too - if possible.

In most cases, they (the dealer) will snap to attention & serve you better & quicker than you would think possible. They will lick your boots clean.

Try it, it works almost every time - especially a TV station that does not run ads for the dealer. The best thing about it is the lingering effect. They'll treat you right every time you come in. If they give you [censored] about don't come back, tell them you'll let the press know what they said.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#715068 08/08/03 07:10 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Static:
contact the district manager of all the ford stealerships in your area and talk to him

There is NO DISTRICT MANAGER for FORD Dealerships.
FORD Dealerships are Franchised and Owned Independantly.

All you can do is complain to FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
It will open a can of worms for them to respond to,
and the FORD Customer Service Department will be waiting
not only for the Dealership response,
but for customer satisfaction.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
#715069 08/08/03 11:08 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
Originally posted by Static:

There is NO DISTRICT MANAGER for FORD Dealerships.
FORD Dealerships are Franchised and Owned Independantly.

All you can do is complain to FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
It will open a can of worms for them to respond to,
and the FORD Customer Service Department will be waiting
not only for the Dealership response,
but for customer satisfaction.

I contacted the big boys and girls at FORD corporate about them(the dealer) blowing my engine, and the fact that I have 4 signed doc from 4 different certified mechanics saying the only way for my engine to blow the way it did was for them to drop something down in it when they had it apart to fix the timing chain 20 days earlier. The response I got for Ford was that they don't get invloved in workmanship issues, but they would file a compliant with the regional managers office and they would be contacting me......well it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything, so I guess our next step is top file a law suit and contact all the local press. Good luck your only recourse might be a lawyer and press!!

95 Teal Se 5 spd,duratech, loaded(except moonroof) no mods.

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard