Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JD60538 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I was in no way talkin crap. And I did not mean I beat an SVT in a stock zetec! It was a rethoricle question. I meant beat it with heavy mods. And, once again, the only real question, What are the difs between the SVT and the others? SPECIFICS!!! A site with the info would help. If I wanted to get flamed I would go talk sh*t about honda on a civic board!!

1998 Contour GL Zetec I4 w/auto MODS: Fog lights and Mesh grills Soon to come are a set of Rims and Yokohama AVS ES100's Come see at cardomain.com
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
195/200 hp v-6 with extrude-honed manifolds, hotter cams, better heads, hand picked cranks, bigger throttle bodies and intake tube, lighter flywheel, better clutch (I think), dual exhaust
Better suspension (bigger sway bars, ect...)
Bigger brakes
Bigger wheels
Body kit
White faced gauges with 160mph speedo
Perforated leather seats in midnight blue (svt only) or tan
Rear seats are bucket style
Different (and better) electric window switches in driver's door

Need more? I think just the extras above justify the difference in price not even considering the limited production numbers.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by The Ripper:

Different (and better) electric window switches in driver's door

Really? I can't tell any difference between the switches in my cars. My SVT has half the mileage of the Sport, so the switches feel like they've been used less, but that's to be expected. Was this something that is different in 98.5+ SVTs? If this is true I have another mod to add to my list.

EDIT: I just noticed you have an E0 like me, so its not a 98.5+ thing. I really have to check this next time I'm in the car. Exactly how are they better?

Also, don't forget higher capacity fuel injectors and no speed limiter (approx. 114mph in non-SVT)

Last edited by hetfield; 08/08/03 01:33 AM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
The ones in my wife's 98 se sport are like the ones that were in my 95se. They are totally flat. The ones in my EO SVT are really bubbly and stick out about 3/8" further than the se ones.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Interesting. My 98.5 E1 SVT has flat ones and my friends 98 E0 SVT has bubbly ones.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard