Next Thread
Print Thread
#714154 08/07/03 02:56 AM
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
so i was going out in the town and i went back to start my car and the radio wouldn't come on...I checked the radio fuse and it was blown...so i then replaced it (fuse 32 i think) then on my way to the gym htis evening my guauges didn't work not a one of em adn my milage wasn't moving either, i took out the radio fuse and it was blown, oddly enough when the fuse was removed the radio was working fine AND the cluster of gauges were working, so i stopped the car and started it again, the gauges didn't work ...so just for shits and giggles i repaced the radio fuse again, this time the radio was working and gauges weren't, took out the fuse and the fuse was blown , tried it again without the fuse and the radio would work but not the gauges...also my door chime and floor light would go on and off every so often during this. When i say my gauges don't work, also when you turn the key but don't start it, none of the lights come on...anyone know what is up with this??? i can't figure it out and its pissing me off

btw i have a 98 SVT

Last edited by PimpJ95Pgt; 08/07/03 02:56 AM.

1998 Contour SVT Borla Exhaust/Aem Intake/Bat Y-pipe/B&M sts/Pirelli p zero's 225/50/16
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Yo may want to start looking for the source before you start to smell plastic BBQ. Not much for the nose I assure you. There is likely a cause for this action somewhere in the wiring harness. I don't recall the radio and the Speedo cluster being on the same line so there is a good chance they are crossing paths and causing your problems. I have seen it posted on here in the past that these types of problem sometimes stem directly from the wiring in the fuse box. As a matter of fact about a month ago someone posted some pics of the rebiuld they did on there fuse box.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard