Next Thread
Print Thread
#713294 08/06/03 02:42 AM
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
For those that don't frequent the Group Buy section ...

----
I'm just posting for those that may wanna move their wheels out a qtr. inch. I can get custom spacers made for our bolt pattern out of hi-grade aluminum. You'd have to get studs that'd be a qtr. inch longer too as I don't think 3.5 turns of the nut would be safe. The car looks sportier and I imagine you might get slightly better handling.

I've test fitted washers on one side to see the effect and on my BAT kit I've got an inch and a qtr of room between the top of the tire and the fender, so I'll be ok. The edge of my 225-50-16 Kumho 712's just lines up with the edge of the lip. You guys running lower suspension wouldn't want to go with 1/4" (the minimum I can get).

I'll let others chime in on the safety merits (I haven't come across any that are negative), but I think this is ok. The price would be about $100 US for a set of 4 but needs to be finalized. I'm gonna price a set of studs tomorrow and post back if there's interest.

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I thought the negatives to this type of mod. was the extra stress on the already weak (by design) bearings.

Is this true or does this 1/4" not make that much of a difference to the loading on the bearings?

L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
1/4" isn't much, but ya never know.

BTW, this would be perfect for those running SVT Focus wheels as they're "in" more than the stock wheels from pics I've seen.

98.5 SVT now gone ... new wheels = 2005 330i

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard