Print Thread
#712250 08/04/03 11:47 PM
M
Max02 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
First of all, I guess my previous post was locked. I didn't realize that talking about a stoplight shootout under the speed limit on an empty road was considered "street racing". I wouldn't have posted otherwise and I apologize for breaking the forum rules. Won't happen again.

But, I would like to repeat the second part of my message about how great it is to be able to drive by ear for shift points. I find it very difficult in the summer with the air on full blast and the radio going...I have to watch the tach all the time. I like to have the windows down and be able to shift by ear.

2002 Nissan Maxima SE Former 2000 SVT Contour owner
#712251 08/05/03 12:22 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Even with the windows up, I can tell the urgency of the engine. Best way to drive. Rather keep my eyes on the road anyway.

My Toyota MR2 was similar. It pulled hard all the way to redline and sounded its best when time to shift. Just like our cars. I can't tell you how many times I nailed the rev limter when getting used to this car. The sound starts getting so good and then... oops.

I can't believe I haven't gotten into trouble with this car yet.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard