Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I'm trying to take the carpet out the powerspray it. There is a module underneath the console that needs to be unplugged the get the carpet out. But, on the module it says that only qualified personnel can work on it, or serious injury can occur. I'm assuming this is the air bag module, not really sure. Can I unplug it without anything happening?

Ken PackRat is my hero!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
That would be the SRS module. I'm pretty sure that means only a qualified person can open it up and work on the internals. I replaced the carpet in my old mystique. I unplugged this module with no problems.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Thanks for the quick response. I wanted to make sure first before the airbag deployed.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by klavender:
I'm trying to take the carpet out to powerspray it.

Does power spraying mean cleaning it, or painting it?
Somebody painted the carpet in my F-150, the cabin has this smell which I can't get rid of, and the carpet looks so generic and fake. I highly recommend you don't do that.

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I mean cleaning it at a carwash. Didn't seem to work that great though. I just used the wand and brush they had there. I guess if I took some carpet cleaner and a scrub brush, it would have worked better. I brought the carpet back home and sprayed some Greased Lightning on it. The stuff worked great on the grease, but not so great on the chocolate milkshake and coke stains. I'll try some carpet cleaner tomorrow and see how that turns out.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
That armor all cleaner works really well for this.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard