Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#711811 08/04/03 05:11 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Anyone else had this many problems with their tour in one year. I bought mine in Aug 2002 with 12K on the odometer. since then:

Car won't start (PATS)
Car won't start (Loose wiring)
Gauges won't work (Gas, Speedo, Temp)
Dash lights flicker
Courtesy lights flicker while door is closed
Car dies with any accessories on (Radio, Fan, etc.)
Spolier fell off
Antenna fell off
Passenger's side ground effect fell off
Speakers made a hissing sound even when radio was off
Dash started to warp
Car was aligned three times, still won't track straight
Steering sticks when wheel is turned to the right
Lound popping noise when braking hard
Tires wore out at 23K
Exhaust fell apart at Cat
Cruise quit working

It has been in the shop for at least 15 days since I bought it. Pretty pathetic in my opinion. I'm getting tired of not having it to drive. I'm trying to get rid of it. I like the car, but I can't put up with all the repairs.

#711812 08/04/03 05:35 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by red99sesport:

Cruise quit working

the cruise control cable ALWAYS comes disconnected from the TB on my car, if i hook it back up it works fine for 5 min till it falls off again

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
#711813 08/04/03 05:43 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Well, I've had my share of grief since I got the car too. Bought it last August with ~ 67,000km on it (now I have ~ 94,000km).
Since then:
- replaced the rear struts last winter
- replaced the front bearings, rotors and pads last month
- now have to replace the driver's side lower control arm later this week (it squeaks terribly all the time for any reason). Of course this requires an alignment too.
- just had my interior light fixture fall from the ceiling (broken plastic housing)
- had to replace driver's side mirror
- just had to replace windshield

I've pretty well lost the "enthusiast" out of my CEG.

Jonnie

98 Zetec Contour SE Sony XPlod CDX-CA900X HU Sony XPlod XM-2150GSX amp with JBL 8" Sub (Not much so far but workin' on it)
#711814 08/04/03 05:44 PM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Sounds to me something ELSE is wrong with that car... Persistent alignment problems for a car THAT young indicates to me this MAY be a salvage rebuilt. Did someone check Carfax for you?

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
#711815 08/04/03 06:04 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
very lemoney, sorry, I have a 98 that has none of those. . .and I've driven for 6 years, so, I guess previous owners must've abused the hell out've your tour. .

#711816 08/04/03 06:11 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Yes Carfax was checked, and I know who owned it before, and it has never been in so much as a fender bender. Ford has problems building good cars consistantly, and I happened to get a sucky one.

#711817 08/04/03 07:39 PM
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K

I had this problem recently it was my front sway bar links. The were replaced under warranty. Yours may not be under warranty but the parts were pretty inexpensive. I think it was only like $51.00 for the set. The problem stopped right away. I'm sorry to hear your car is so problematic.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
#711818 08/04/03 10:03 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Anyone else had this many problems with their tour in one year. I bought mine in Aug 2002 with 12K on the odometer. since then:

Car won't start (PATS)
Car won't start (Loose wiring)
Gauges won't work (Gas, Speedo, Temp)
Dash lights flicker
Courtesy lights flicker while door is closed
Car dies with any accessories on (Radio, Fan, etc.)
Spolier fell off
Antenna fell off
Passenger's side ground effect fell off
Speakers made a hissing sound even when radio was off
Dash started to warp
Car was aligned three times, still won't track straight
Steering sticks when wheel is turned to the right
Tires wore out at 23K
Exhaust fell apart at Cat
Cruise quit working

It has been in the shop for at least 15 days since I bought it. Pretty pathetic in my opinion. I'm getting tired of not having it to drive. I'm trying to get rid of it. I like the car, but I can't put up with all the repairs.

I feel your pain. My car's history:
Bought it in May 2000 brand new in southern california. Bought LoJack along with it and had to take it back 1 weej afte I bought it to have it installed. Got home and realized they scratched the ever loving hell out of my fron fender while they had it. Took it back and they buffed it out...acted like it was a big putout for them and as if I was being picky.

Jun '00: Drove it to NM where I am currently stationed. 1 week later had: Condensation in the left headlight, interior lights and horn not working, cd player worked when it felt like it and worst off the sunroof gear busted WHILE it was fully opened with a rainstorm coming.Took it to their body shop and they forcibly closed the sunroof until I could get it fixed. I didn't have a chance to get it all fixed until December due to being deployed.

April 2001: Driving up to Vegas for temporary duty. Got there and every time I put my car into 3rd it grinded bad. Took it to the local Ford dealer who told me that my syncro needed to be replaced..downtime 1 week and he refused to give me a rental car even though I was working on Nellis AFB and staying at a hotel 12 miles away and had people depending upon me fora ride. Called Ford main customer service and [censored] until I got a rental car.

Aug '01: Had to take it to a body shop to have the spoiler tightened as one bolt was completely off and the other was about to be that way...stupid spoiler almost came off.

Jun '01: Tire spun off while driving down the highway so I had the car towed to the dealership to: 1) See if it was a defective tire that caused it 2) Check the rim and front end for any damageand 3) Fix my warped dash. They told me it wasn't a defective tire and that the rim was slightly bent and I should buy a new one for $150. Took the rim to another tire shop where they did a thorough check and told me there was NOTHING wrong with the rim. Also, the bastards didn't fix my dash. Got a follow up call from Ford customer service from the dealership and basically shredded them and scheduled a time to bring the car back to get my dash fixed. Went to pick up my car afterwards and my dash was fixed but they left epoxy (that's what it looked like anyway) all over the inside of my windshield and white powder of some sort ALL over the dash AND the inside of my car. Again I got a call from their customer service and again I shredded them at which time their main guy attempted to bribe me into giving them good marks on the mail in feedback form on the grounds "Well sometimes our customers have problems and the warranty has JUSt ran out and we are more willing to help out customers in that situation if they give us good feedbacks" so I called main Ford customer service and BBB and reported the dealership and I haven't had my car there since.

Apr '03 Driving back from Cali to NM after being home for a death in the family, got about 100 miles out from Cali and my cruise control, speedo and odometer all stopped working. Turned around and went back to Cali as I wasn't gonna drive 900 miles with no speedo or cruise. Speed sensor was bad and needed replacing. 1 week downtime that caused me to lose 7 days of leave (military vacation time) that I didn't have. Got it back to NM and had problems every once in a while with trying to put it in gear (usually ona downshift) and the thing wouldn't go in. Dealership said they couldn't duplicate the problem but did notice my transaxle was FUBAR and needed replaced.
On top of all this my paint is cracking chipping and I'm gettin spots where the clear coat is sort of bubbling up (for lack of a better way to describe it) and of course I got the "acid rain" and "not waxed often enough" excuses.

After all this you'd think Ford would at least give me or cut me a deal on an ESP (I tried to lemon law it but it didn't meet the criteria) but instead of helping me they just ignored me completely.

I love my car when it runs but I hate and loathe Ford Motor Company with a passion and I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy another new car from them AGAIN! Grrr I'm gettin all pissed again just thinking about this crap.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#711819 08/04/03 10:52 PM
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Ok, wow, long posts. this will be one too. The numbers are the problems so just scroll if you want.

After all of you just DAWGED Ford lemme go on 'head here and lift it back up. Keep in mind that all car companies make lemons. Ford just makes a few more.

I have the 95 stique (see sig)

I've had a few problems here now lemme go on here and break em' down wit da remix. (Like that song)

1. Passenger side window. Damn cables all screwed up. I have to replace the cables ONLY but I can't get them alone. I have to buy the whole motor assemble and have it pro-installed for about 300 bones.

2. Alternator. For some reason the alternator blew up. Literally, autozone couldn't even test it cuz it wouldn't spin. Got a new one from autozone and it was dead from the get go. Replaced again and FINALLY it worked. Those are a royal pain in the ASS!

3. Fan motor switch. It burned up and I had the recall done. All fixed and no worries so far.

4. Trunk leaks. Ok, all of us with the big reflector in the back know about this. When it rains or we wash our car, the trunk leaks

5. Tail lights and condensation. The tail lights would fill up with condensation. I think a short or surge was caused by one of the lights filling up to the bulb. I think.

6. Rough Idle. I still have this problem but it has lightened up since I replaced the plugs and wires. Coil is next and then maybe the IAC valve.

7. Knocking while running. Just like I said. The car knocks when she is cold and running. Only when cold though. maybe its the oil (10w-30) or maybe the fuel. I haven't noticed it after filling up with 93 for the first time in a while. Maybe I'm just imagining stuff.

8. Stock Stereo. This thing sucked. I couldn't play a tape for anything. It would play on one side of the car. The radio itself was ok though. I replaced it with an aftermarket deck though.

9. Carpet. A lot of people know about this thing. The first years the car was made the carpet was cut short. It doesn't fit under the sides. Oh well.

10. Antenna. The gears inside are busted so it won't go up or down unless forced. Actually if I put it down and turn the radio on, it will come up.

11. Gas tank cover. It sticks every now and then. Mostly on humid days. Just a minor thing.

12. Timing belt. Replaced timing belt at 90K. Normal wear
and tear.

13. Back doors squawk. Just what I said. They sound awful when opening or closing them. I think I just found a weekend project.

14. A/C vents broken in mid. section. They're broken. I bought it like that. I deal with it too. No biggie.

15. Thermostat. I changed it because I thought it was the reason my car was "overheating". Back before i knew about this site. I think it was ok but I'm listing it anyway.

16. Mega-Fuse blew. Same time as my alt did. 170 amp fuse!!! 5 dollars and a pain in the ass to fix.

17. Cup Holders busted. Bought it like that. Got the replacement from ford for 55 bucks.

And that is all for now.

I still love my car and would only change it for an SVT.

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?
#711820 08/04/03 11:27 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Right front caliber seized and I had to be towed home (on my wifeâ??s birthday)

Water pump went (on my birthday) and I had to be towed home. (I guess somewhat my fault by not doing the â??water pump replacement maintenance) Then the car was off the road for a week and a half while I tried to find the 10 cooling system hoses (150 + 70 for pump).

Torque converter and VB went $400 bucks and fixed it myself. Again two weeks down time for parts.

RR strut is leaking

LF wheel bearing is bad.

Bank 1 upstream cat bad.

LF lower control arm bad ($175)

Fog lights cracked and havenâ??t worked in four years.

Horn went bad (2nd time)

Iâ??m sure I can think of more, but itâ??s too painful.

jeff

have you fixed your ford lately?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard