Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Everytime I make a hard right-hand turn I hear a nasty clunk (metal on metal) sound coming from the front right wheel area. At first I thought something might have gotten caught in my wheel, but I jacked the car up and saw that the outer boot (I had the driveshaft replaced 8 months ago) was not sealed and that grease was slung everywhere.

So, can lack of grease in the driveshaft boot cause a metal-on-metal clunking sound that I'm hearing?

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I did this in my 93 eclipse. Don't know how many miles I went like that but it was inbetween a 1,000 mile trek.

I went to pepboys. IT was really hard to turn (I didn't have P/S anyway but it was even harder) and yes I did have a bad metal on metal sound. They said that I got there just in time. The grease was frying b/c it was so low in there.

They just replaced the boot (40 bucks) and filled it with grease. Didn't tear up for the remainder of the life of the car (which wasn't that long... damn that sucked... ) I loved that car man....

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard