Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#710344 08/02/03 04:07 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
This post is regarding my Black 1998 SVT E1 with 93K miles:

My car has looked so bad for so long, especially since I live in an apartment and dont get to put a lot of time into the car. Sure, I do wash/wax the car but not to the extent that I would have liked to.

A friend of mine commented that we should wheel out the car. This was the last try to make it look decent, to remove all the water spots that did not want to come off and buff out some scratches.

We wheeled out the car last Monday and it just looked awsome....except for the fact that the entire car is starting to spider crack under the clear coat. WTF? A 5 year old car that has been regularly maintained has its paint is cracking?

I am having some serious issues with this car right now and it is really starting to piss me off. I do believe that this will be the last New Ford I own for quite some time. Sure, I would like to have some sort of 5.0 or 60's project Mustang...but as for a new car, Ford will not get my business.

Anyone else been feeling like this lately? Anyone else have premature paint failure?

Regards,

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
My car has this spider cracking also. I was told that it was from acid rain. It is only on the hood, roof, and trunk.

1998 SVT
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Isn't the warranty on ford's paint good for 6 years? If so take that biatch to them and see if they will repaint it under the paint and body warranty.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
it seems a few of the people with black paint have had some problems.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I believe the problem was that Ford used to much paint on the black cars. But as for Ford not having paint work then you must have never seen a T-red My car's paint it nearly perfect for being a 4 year old car.

Oh and my dad owns a 2000 Black Ranger, And I have never seen any other factory paint job shine and look so good as that truck.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
One word...... Ford..... lol j/k..... DONT HURT ME!

Steven. L. Benthal Jr. 98 Mystique: Meshed Grille & Pioneer Sound System
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I have a '95 with 125k on the clock and mine still looks near perfect. I never started garaging it until January of this year, and it spent the first 3 years of it's life in the hot Arizona heat rays. And still no problems. Clear coat looks nice still. I always wash it with regular dishsoap that has a teaspoon of non-phosphorous laundry detergent (as a softner) in it. I've only waxed my car like 2 times ever. And I really only wash it like once a month if even that. Maybe that's why the paint looks so good, because I hardly ever touch it (less friction from brushes and towels, less chemicals touch it much less often, etc?). I don't really know if we have acid rain in the PNW? That could be a factor

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by freakshow:
Isn't the warranty on ford's paint good for 6 years?

anyone know anything about this? if so and it's true, i'm going to see what i can do b/c the black paint on my car is frickin horrible. i too have the spider cracks and sh*t everywhere.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
Originally posted by freakshow:
Isn't the warranty on ford's paint good for 6 years?

anyone know anything about this? if so and it's true, i'm going to see what i can do b/c the black paint on my car is frickin horrible. i too have the spider cracks and sh*t everywhere.

No, the only way it would be covered is if it rusted through. Even then its only for 5 years if I recall correctly.

Anything deemed to be caused by "environmental" factors is never really covered although the warranty literature seems to indicate they would cover it for 12,000 miles or 12 months.

SOL

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
My black 98 SVT has this also; only along the areas where the sun shines on the car. I don't know how many people have this problem, but it seems like alot.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard