Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
F
Farcus Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
I just don't understand this whole "Fast and the Furious" explosion. And it is sad to see this fad propagate to is this website. I have read this site for a while (mostly repair) and I have to ask what is the fascination with turning your contour into a ghetto ricer. Like the one guy who said he knew his car is slow but he wanted a spoiler to make it look fast. What is the point in that? That is like buying a corvette body and screwing on your contour. And to everybody who has dropped their car stupidly low and has to break for every dip in the road. Even if you have the fastest car in the world, a 4 year old on a big wheels could fly past you as you practically stop to go over rail road tracks. It just looks stupid. I have seen many pictures in here that beside the ford badge look like every single Honda Civic in South Jersey. Everybody wants to make their car look different but in the end they all look exactly the same. I am not a sixty year old grandfather, I just am tired of every wanna be thug with their obnoxiously loud coffee can muffler and $300 circuit city system drive around with absolutely no regard for other people. Unfortunately I live 20 feet off a major access road so I have to hear that crap all day long. If the system isn't blasting you hear the loud muffler even though the car isn't going anywhere, kinda like a girl stuffing her bra. All bark no bite. Do you want everybody to watch how slow your car is? I just needed to vent. You can all flame me to death now.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Well, I'll try to answer some of your concerns as rationallly as possible, at least from my perspective....

- Lowering a car is done for many reasons. First off, as i'm sure many CEG'ers will agree, a lowered car looks so much better than a car on stock height, especially with rims. If you're going to be running 17's, 18's, or 19's, your car is gonna look a lot better without fender gap. That is part of the reasoning my car is going down an inch and a half in about a month. The other part of my reasoning is the handling improvment. If a car is lowered on the proper springs, very simply, it handles better, especially in turns.

- As for the "$300 Circuit City system", if you haven't noticed, the Contour's stock system sounds like sh*t. I'm a big audio fan, so that's unacceptable. If I'm driving around, my system is going to be decently loud. If I'm stopped, I'll turn it down, but if someone still thinks its too loud, they can roll their windows up.

- I do agree with you about the mufflers, but that's just my opinion. If someone wants their car to sound louder, than more power to them. As long as they don't do it with the coffee can mufflers.

Just wanted to give my opinions on this subject.

Ride 1:Black '98 SVT(The Hottie) #85 of 6535 DOB: April 1, 1997 Full Stereo, 17's, and a drop One of a kind body work.... For sale Ride 2: '90 Honda Accord EX(The Hooptie) Pending sale... I'm becoming a troll!
F
Farcus Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
http://www.molestedcars.com/

If you want to see some really pathetic cars check out this site.

F
Farcus Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by luvmysvt:
Well, I'll try to answer some of your concerns as rationallly as possible, at least from my perspective....

- Lowering a car is done for many reasons. First off, as i'm sure many CEG'ers will agree, a lowered car looks so much better than a car on stock height, especially with rims. If you're going to be running 17's, 18's, or 19's, your car is gonna look a lot better without fender gap. That is part of the reasoning my car is going down an inch and a half in about a month. The other part of my reasoning is the handling improvment. If a car is lowered on the proper springs, very simply, it handles better, especially in turns.

What I am referring to is people who lower it so low that it actually inhibits handling. They have to hit there breaks every hundred yards or else bye bye ground effects. And the 10 seconds it takes them to pull out of a driveway it makes there car look really cool.

- As for the "$300 Circuit City system", if you haven't noticed, the Contour's stock system sounds like sh*t. I'm a big audio fan, so that's unacceptable. If I'm driving around, my system is going to be decently loud. If I'm stopped, I'll turn it down, but if someone still thinks its too loud, they can roll their windows up.

I upgraded the system in my Contour too. However if I can hear your bass inside my house from a block up the street, that is too loud. In 20 years their is going to be a huge market for hearing aids.

- I do agree with you about the mufflers, but that's just my opinion. If someone wants their car to sound louder, than more power to them. As long as they don't do it with the coffee can mufflers.

Just wanted to give my opinions on this subject.

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes those things.

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by Farcus:
In 20 years their is going to be a huge market for hearing aids.

LMFAO!!

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
because I have a ZTEC

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

There is a contour on that site under domestic

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by ShinyRedSport:

There is a contour on that site under domestic

wow the only new cars on that site are the contour and neon.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I just don't understand this whole "Fast and the Furious" explosion. And it is sad to see this fad propagate to is this website. I have read this site for a while (mostly repair) and I have to ask what is the fascination with turning your contour into a ghetto ricer. Like the one guy who said he knew his car is slow but he wanted a spoiler to make it look fast. What is the point in that? That is like buying a corvette body and screwing on your contour. And to everybody who has dropped their car stupidly low and has to break for every dip in the road. Even if you have the fastest car in the world, a 4 year old on a big wheels could fly past you as you practically stop to go over rail road tracks. It just looks stupid. I have seen many pictures in here that beside the ford badge look like every single Honda Civic in South Jersey. Everybody wants to make their car look different but in the end they all look exactly the same. I am not a sixty year old grandfather, I just am tired of every wanna be thug with their obnoxiously loud coffee can muffler and $300 circuit city system drive around with absolutely no regard for other people. Unfortunately I live 20 feet off a major access road so I have to hear that crap all day long. If the system isn't blasting you hear the loud muffler even though the car isn't going anywhere, kinda like a girl stuffing her bra. All bark no bite. Do you want everybody to watch how slow your car is? I just needed to vent. You can all flame me to death now.

I don't know why your so concerned with everybody else's cars. Let them do as they please, to each his own. Most of the contours that you see that are very low have ground controls and can be adjusted. Usually they just put them that low for a picture. As far as the audio system, what constitutes too loud? I love my 300.00 circuit city system and don't know what I would do with out it. It consists of an eclipse HU, mb quart components in the rear doors, vifa/mb quarts in the front doors, 2 PPI A300 amps, audiocontrol 3.1 line driver/EQ, and 2 JL audio 10w3's in Jl's HO ported box. I didn't put this together because i want a hearing aid in twenty years, I did it because I enjoy the musical reproduction that it's capable of and makes my drive more enjoyable. Yes it's tuned for SQ but I'll make sure to swing down your street and show you what 2 10's can sound like. Oh and for the record, i have magnaflow mufflers with 4 in. tips

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I'm not quite sure what to make out of this one...

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard