Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
i got a contour, but this is on a 93 taurus... i posted on a ford newsgoup that the a/c has the proper charge and the belt it tight and the problem might be the vacuum as it works ok when stopped at a red light and when driving off the cold air stops and then it comes out hot....the air is always moving.... someone came back with it is probably the
Throttle Position Sensor... well i checked autozones web site and found that that they have info on inspecting, testing and removing and replacing various products and sure enough it explained how the TPS(throttle position sensor) might just be the problem. i just mention this as i also have a 96 contour and them being both fords, the contour might just have the same problem down the line or someone might have this problem now... who would have thought that this sensor would stop the a/c compressor from not working???? so if yu have a problem with your car you might want to check auto zones site out and look at the mostly ford info sheets that they have... most of the stuff is courtesy of Ford.. i guess they might have picked up on my car selection of ford in my vehicle section????

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I have heard that ford has incorperated a disarm function to the clutch when you are accelerating (WOT) that makes the ac clutch disengage to all for all the horsepower to get to the wheels and not be bogged down by the A/C. I don't know if the Idea goes back to 93 though.

Maybe a thought.

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard