If you think the SE with a 5 speed is faster than a 2000 SVT,

i didn't read he saying that.....

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Ummm... thats what I said. SE feels torqueier down low, SVT pulls harder at the top. A friend in town has a faster SE than my SVT. Top end I still pull away.
Would I trade my SVT. Heck no! I just dislike the superiority complex.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
the original thread was started by a jacka$$ that just wanted to start some sh*t and has carried over to here. the idiot in the original thread only said that b/c he wanted to get trouble a brewin'. the reason why people prefer the SVT is b/c it's an SVT, same thing with a Z06 corvette, sure you can make a regular corvette into a Z06, but it's the name that you are paying for. just my take on it though, everything has strong points and weak points.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Agreed. Let's just drop it.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
If I would have known there was a SVT model of the Contour I would have got that instead of my Zetec ATX....but after hearing and seeing all the problems with it I like my slow Zetec. Looks way better than my car though.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Really, regardless of what you all are saying, when an admin locks a post, that typically means let it the #%&* go.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Don't you know you can't say anything negative about the SVT here?? I'm sorry for those of us that bought something other than an SVT - we are all scum The ability to write a check for that car instead of this one makes those with an SVT better people.

But seriously, I love these kind of threads. It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
just to through in my 2 sence here i have ran against and seen a lot of svt's run and i am just as fast or even faster than some in the 1/4 mile that is and all i have is a 98 gl v6 5sp with a few bolt ons. the plus side to my situation is a spent only 3500 dollars for my car and roughly only 1000 bucks for mods so that is pretty dang cheap if ya ask me. the big down fall is it is just a plain old contour and nothing fancy looking but what the hell ya get waht ya pay for right. i just figured i bought the car for a daily driver and didn't need another fancy vehicle to worry about some jackass messing with.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
wow fellas, if your all jealous of the SVT's go buy one. Thats all I get out of this bunk thread.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
wow fellas, if your all jealous of the SVT's go buy one. Thats all I get out of this bunk thread.

See...that's the problem. If someone doesn't put your ass on high just because you drive an SVT you think they're jealous. Speaking for myself; I'm not. I have friends with SVTs and can get my fill of them anytime I want. I considered buying one last year, but got to thinking about all the issues I've read about and seen firsthand (secondaries sticking, oil starvation, water pump) and decided I'd rather just keep my reliable old Zetec and work with it.

My point is: if you have an SVT; great. But you didn't do anything special. You bought a friggin' car. You wrote a check. Drop the attitude and come down here w/ the rest of us and hang out; you may enjoy our company (and *gasp* learn something).

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard