Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#706115 07/29/03 05:43 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
The cop may have been eyeing you 'cause you were a kid in a "decked out" car, but he didn't ticket you because of it. He gave you a ticket because you failed to signal. And I think the reason folks might be quick to jump on you is because you're looking for sympathy when you clearly have no leg to stand on. It'd be like someone stuffing their pockets with CD's from a record store and then crying about how the guy working there caught him stealing.

I love how people come in here and scream and cry about how they get profiled and picked on and given bogus tickets because they're young and "the cops are just jealous they have a nice car"... Take some friggin' responsibility for once, people. A half-second flick of the wrist could've avoided the whole incident.

Last edited by 00SVT; 07/29/03 06:07 PM.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
#706116 07/29/03 05:50 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 00SVT:
The cop may have been eyeing you 'cause you were a kid in a "decked out" car, but he didn't ticket you because of it. He gave you a ticket because you failed to signal.

I love how people come in here and scream and cry about how they get profiled and picked on and given bogus tickets because they're young and "the cops are just jealous they have a nice car"... Take some friggin' responsibility for once, people. A half-second flick of the wrist could've avoided the whole incident.

I hear ya man. I hate it when ppl don't signal their intentions. It's just plain RUDE. And your crappy "the single me out cause I'm a kid in a decked out car" don't play here pal. That's just trying to make an excuse for breaking the law. Next time, trying saying "I'm sorry, I am about to shoot you, but it's not my fault, YOU singled out MY car cause I am a kid in a decked out car". BORING, OLD, and IRRESPONSIBLE.
I actually have a sticker on my car that says VISULIZE USING YOUR TURN SIGNAL.

My advice, take it like a man and quit whining. Next time, USE THE DAMN SIGNAL. Even if you turn it on JUST as you pull out, USE IT. No excuse for not doing it.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#706117 07/29/03 06:02 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Hell yeah! I'm glad you got a ticket I wish they would write some around here!-Andy

what are you talking about? on the beltway and 270, people are always kind enough to use their signals

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
#706118 07/29/03 06:10 PM
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Fyi i was pulling out of an office complex onto a large road with a median in the middle, so i had only one option. I didnt use the signal because i was waiting for traffic to clear for several minutes and it started to annoy me. It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car. It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.

Damn...that does kind of suck.

From the way I understand his post (there was a median in the middle of the road...I'm guessing this was a physical median and not a double line 'imaginary' median)...
I mean there is no other way he CAN turn if there is a physical median in the middle!
He can't go left, he can't go straight....I'm guessing he can't go backwards....
That only leaves one option to the...RIGHT!

If this was the scenario...then I must say, that officer is a stiff. It just means he has some quota to fill or something. If there was no physical median then I guess the officer has some grounds for giving his ticket, but even still thats being a bit nitpicky.

Don't get me wrong...I use my turn signal everywhere (just a good habit), even in the above scenario, ... but to give someone a ticket for not using a turn signal when there is only one plausible direction he can go seems a bit overboard.

Here in California (especially my area in the Bay Area), officers are being ridiculous. They pull people over for almost anything now just in an effort to gain revenue to offset local budget cuts because of the state budget. I have no problem with officers pulling people over for breaking the law, but why should they need the pressure of quotas from the state budget crunch to do so? If they are such upstanding officers there should be no need for quotas to force them to give tickets...believe me, there are plenty of bad drivers out here in California to gain revenue without quotas.

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT - DOB 8/19/97 - #3101/6535 Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Visit MY SVT website * K&N RU-3530 (howls like a MOFO ) and Homemade Heatshield *
#706119 07/29/03 06:18 PM
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Despite my little rant, I will say this:

When I got my first ticket a few years back...I took it 'like a man' by paying my own earned money for the fine and paying for online traffic school. Ever since then my whole philosophy on driving has changed....I've been a sqeaky clean driver since!

Getting a ticket as a teenager driver is a good experience (at least for me it was)...I just wish it didn't cost so much

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT - DOB 8/19/97 - #3101/6535 Silver Frost/Midnight Blue Visit MY SVT website * K&N RU-3530 (howls like a MOFO ) and Homemade Heatshield *
#706120 07/29/03 06:18 PM
T
Historical Gator
Historical Gator
T
It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car.

Was there an Aston Martin screaming by at 165 that he ignored to pull you over? Or was he stalking you from the time you left your parking spot 50 yards away until the time you turned?

Quote:

It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.

And it pisses me off you posted this hoping for sympathy. Hmmm, somehow I am guessing this is not the response you were intending to provoke with your witty banter about being a kid in a "decked" out car.

#706121 07/29/03 06:23 PM
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Also you shouldn't freak out man...

If this is your first ticket?... then all it will be is a fine and a trip to traffic school (it will not show up for insurance)...at least, this was the way it went for me.

If this is not your first ticket...then you need to reconsider the way you drive, otherwise you'll be out of money faster than you think. Be absolutely safe...don't give officers an opportunity to pull you over in the first place (this way they can't fill their quotas...hehe... ).

#706122 07/29/03 06:31 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Fyi i was pulling out of an office complex onto a large road with a median in the middle, so i had only one option. I didnt use the signal because i was waiting for traffic to clear for several minutes and it started to annoy me. It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car. It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.

This one time I shot a guy with my brand new H&K 9mm and the cop had the nerve to arrest me. It was obvious he was just picking on me because he was jealous that I was young and had a nicer gun than he did!

Bottom line: The cop may have been being nitpicky but he was doing his job...ENFORCING THE LAW. Had you used your turn signal as the LAW states you wouldn't have gotten a ticket and we all could have been spared this crybaby sympathy seeking post. First you talk about how you wish you could beat the cop up then you lash out at people on here all simply because you refuse to take responsibility for your actions. What did you expect, everyone to say "awww man we're so sorry you got a ticket (even though it was your own fault) you should take that stupid cop to court"?????
But then, we are all probably just picking on you because your a teenager with a decked out car.

P.S. With the "maturity" you claim others in this thread lack comes RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY for YOUR actions.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#706123 07/29/03 06:53 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by freakshow:
What did you expect, everyone to say "awww man we're so sorry you got a ticket (even though it was your own fault) you should take that stupid cop to court"?????
But then, we are all probably just picking on you because your a teenager with a decked out car.

P.S. With the "maturity" you claim others in this thread lack comes RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY for YOUR actions.

Well said Freak, though I bet he DOES want to take the cop to court hoping to get out of it if he doesn't show or something. LOL
Sorry Konto, but really man, if your state allows, just go to traffic school, at least keep it from your insurance. Some states, like Texas, allow you to go to defensive driving, and you don't have to pay the ticket NOR will it go on insurance. Just chill, quit moping, and take care of it.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#706124 07/29/03 07:09 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'm sorry guys i though it to be irrelevant but heres the whole story, when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to. After i showed this to him he started harrasing me about it saying it was a joke that i had the note. When he came back to the car he said he was giving me the turn signal ticket because i had a note for my tinted windows. I don't doubt that if an older person had a similar note he would have taken it seriously.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard