Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PeterM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Well, I just got rear ended by an Acura 3.5 at an intersection. She was doing about 30mph when she hit me.

The rear bumper is completely destroyed, the gap between the left quarter and trunk has widend significantly, the right C pillar has a slight bend from the structure bending upwards (she plowed under my car)and the right rear door section gap of the C pillar area out about 1/2 inch.
Personally I think the entire right rear structure has been bent but wanted to check the Ford Body Repair Manual to see what the reccommended repairs are.

I know the adjustor will have an opinion but I need to inform my self as a precaution. I am concerned that they will never be able to get the unibody back to original dimensions.

Any tips, advice or manual information would be appreciated.

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
a good body shop can give you a pretty good estimate of the repairs.. i got the shop manual for 1996 fords and there is nothing in there for body repairs.. like frame straighting etc.. on books made for body shops, not written by ford, but by others will go into details on this, probably sold to body shops. and would not be cheap......................

P
PeterM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
My thoughts exactly. Body repair manuals are body shop only and expensive. Thanks.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Everybody's gettin' rear-ended!!

I'm not going to let this happen to me, I'm driving home BACKWARDS!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard