Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
after a quick search with no luck I have this quick question. does the center rear seat belt unlatch were it looks like it might so that it is not in the way when you fold the seats down?

the belt is not in my way since I put my bike in the car but it would be nice to not have the belt pulled out when the seat gets folded down.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
There is a little pinhole on the bottom of the seatbelt (near where seatback meets seat) that you can insert a pin into to eject the belt and roll it up out of the way. Pics coming soon of it.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My apologies for being such a quick scan. It's a full page of Consumer Reports (January/1999) of a review of a 1999 Contour with the split folding seats. See left margin for the procedure how to remove the seatbelt. I apologize for it being a 1.5 MB bitmap file, but I lost my conversion tools on that comp during the reformat and this is a quickie.

You're lucky you have split folding seats! There were many times when I was driving the Contour that I wish ours had!

EDIT: I transferred to another comp and converted to JPG, and cropped the part you need.
For those who want to read the review:
http://users.wpi.edu/~mjg/crfull.jpg

The part you need:

Last edited by 98 SE; 07/27/03 05:17 AM.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
thanks Matt that was just the info I was looking for

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard