Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
Little story for ya...

not tour related but funny (no at least) all the same

car 90 ford mustang lx with 2.3 liter 4 banger and auto tranny

so my sister came home the other day complaining that her mustang was overheating. was busy at the time so i didnt think anything of it...told he id check it out a little later. so a couple hrs go by and im out there checking everything out, she standing next to me. i start the normal line of questions: how hot was it?, you notice anything else? how far you drive it?

turns out the gauge was pegged, there was white smoke and the car was making squealing noises and that she drove it that way for at least 15 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when asked why didnt she stop? "didnt think i needed too...and that it kept running...."

anyway so i trace the problem to 2 things first the cooling fan for the radiator wasnt coming on and the water pump had all but stopped rotating (the noise was the belt slipping as the crank kept turning it)

did a complete check of the engine and so far so good... no blown head gasket, plugs looked abused but good, good compression, sounds smooth now that its fixed, runs cool.

i cant belive that the car continued to run after all of this. although the car feels castrated in a strait line (85 hp stock) thats still darn impressive considering

-Y2K SVT- BORN 1/03/2000 DIED 02/29/2004
#703349 07/26/03 03:06 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
that is one advantage to having a steel block and heads....they do not blow head gaskets,and warp nearly as easily...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard