Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
This is San Francisco...

I had just picked up my grandma and two of her friends (both old ladies) and was delivering them home. I'm heading on Geary toward "Cliff House", passing 35th heading to 45th Ave. This is very quiet neighborhood. It's like 10:30 PM, street is wide and quiet... And an older Honda Prelude pulled up next to me.

This Prelude has been seriously rice'ed. It's been lowered (really), had a small rear spoiler, and a fancy exhaust. The intrument panel has a blue LED light. I can see the glow off the corner of my eye.

I decided to have a little fun. I did NOT look at him, but when the light turned green, I goosed it. Remember, this is a plain jane LX V-6 ('96). I'm at 40 mph before you know it. That guy was about 3 car lengths behind before I ever heard his tires squeak, and I never exceeded 4000 rpm!

So I just drove calmly along at 40 mph, and that Prelude of course zooomed right past me. Then he went through the stop sign ahead of me, doing a "rolling stop", complete with that 4-cylinder "roar" and tires squeaking.

I stopped at the stop sign, doing the full stop. I was about to hit the gas when I noticed to my left, yellow light started flashing.

San Francisco Police cruiser!

I quickly pulled off to side of the road, as that cruiser took off after the Prelude. That Prelude pulled over 20 yards later.

Busted! Muahahahahah!

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Finally a cop when you need one. It's a first.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I like how you 'teased' him into getting busted. ROFL Ricers are fun to mess with

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by akrump47:
I like how you 'teased' him into getting busted. ROFL Ricers are fun to mess with

Ricers are funny!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You're lucky you didn't get busted along with the idiot for "racing". But yeah, I like it when idiots get what they deserve.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Thank you.
I love stupid human tricks.
I too am guilty of such things......

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Pigeon:
You're lucky you didn't get busted along with the idiot for "racing". Scott

For what? Quick acceleration.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by todras:

In California, "exhibition of speed", even when no actual speeding has occured, can be ticketed. Though my *guess* is the cop busted the guy for the "rolling stop".

But really, if I didn't even hit 4000 RPM, then it's hardly a jackrabbit start, isn't it? And who's the cop going to believe? Two ricers in a rice rocket, or me in a plain jane 'tour with 3 grandmas in the car?

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Kasey Chang:
Originally posted by todras:

In California, "exhibition of speed", even when no actual speeding has occured, can be ticketed. Though my *guess* is the cop busted the guy for the "rolling stop".

But really, if I didn't even hit 4000 RPM, then it's hardly a jackrabbit start, isn't it? And who's the cop going to believe? Two ricers in a rice rocket, or me in a plain jane 'tour with 3 grandmas in the car?

If the cop wanted to be a d!ck, anytime two people take off with even moderate acceleration could be a "speed contest" . The way the law is written it's open to wide interpretation (and abuse) by the cops. But yeah, plain jane 'tour with grannies is a pretty good insulator against racing charges.

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Some dork tried to get me in trouble with base cops for passing her in a passing zone. LOLOL

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard