Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Looking from the front of the Contour there is one flap that hangs down that is a cover for the towing hooks used to pull the car on and off car trailers it is my under standing. Those flaps are attached to some structure that is beginning to hang down evermore. What is this structure called I would like to replace it. This structure seems to cover the front under carriage of the Contour?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It's usually called the "front splash guard"

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Well how much does it cost to replace. because mine seems to be sagging.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
The older ones are two piece the newer ones are a single peice. I would suggest getting on that is a single piece because lots of dirt tends to college between the two seperate pieces.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I guess this is a dealer only product as well?

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
I guess this is a dealer only product as well?

you could always pop one off a car in a junkyard..that's a part that the junkyard don't usually take off

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Anyone know how much this part might cost?

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
we had one that was hanging down on a 96 contour.. when changing the oil i removed it and never put it on correctly... just use a torx screw driver and remove it and then make sure the plastic inserts that go into the cross member under the car are placed in correctly and put the screws back in... aobut 4 under the cross memebe and two on each side right in front of the tires..... sure beats buying another one for about $150.00 from the dealer......

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Front splash guard is what I would call it as well. I take mine off each time I change my oil (makes filter access much easier IMO).

If it's a one-piece unit like I have, there are about 9 Torx screws holding it on. Are all the screws in place on your splash guard? If not, I'd suggest replacing those screws first (take one of the screws with you to most any auto parts store, and look in the small trim bits/emergency repair parts section). Might save you a whole lot of trouble.

Since I don't know what year your 'Tour is, I'm just guessing, of course...

//> //> //> //> //> Garrick 2006 Mazda6 Grand Sport wagon, silver, MTX I'll never forget you: Silver E0, #3895 of 6535, built 10/2/97
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
95 v6 ATX

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard